Empadron

Started by MalT, January 31, 2020, 11:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalT

Just tried to renew our empadron For travel, we have a place here for last three years and visit regularly, the lady in ayuntamiento says we need a residency green card and should go to police to get it? We already have NIE numbers, have the rules changed? Thanks

Johnrgby2

Quote from: MalT on January 31, 2020, 11:27:24 AM
Just tried to renew our empadron For travel, we have a place here for last three years and visit regularly, the lady in ayuntamiento says we need a residency green card and should go to police to get it? We already have NIE numbers, have the rules changed? Thanks

To my knowledge, nothing has changed Mal, but I believe you have to b be resident to get discounted travel

Logitechtom

There was a time, perhaps as little as a year ago, that when you applied for your Empadron they automatically issued the travel document.  However, someone somewhere cottoned on and now you only get the travel Document if you have the green card commonly known as Residencia (strictly speaking it's a certificate of being a citizen of the EU) or a green NIE certificate.

We enjoyed the benefit of the travel document for a time and it was only when we renewed our empadron last year that the lady in the office pointed out we needed residency to get the travel document. Fortunately we had our green cards with us, so it got issued.

MalT

Thanks for that, she said I could simply go to police station and get the green card, is that right?

Johnrgby2

Quote from: MalT on February 02, 2020, 09:39:27 AM
Thanks for that, she said I could simply go to police station and get the green card, is that right?

This is Spain my friend you should know better than that  ::)
You need to go to the National Police office in Puerto, but when you get there down the side street to the right of the office as you look at it is a print shop, go there and tell them you are looking to replace your green card{s} You will need your passport and Empadron{ they speak good English and do this all the time they will take you details and print off the form{s] you then have to go to a bank and pay the tax if memory serves it is Cerca 8/10 Euros take the stamped form{s] to the Police Station and they will issue you green cards, took 5 mins in the printshop and around 15 minuets in the police station, but it can be busy in the police station so you may ahve to wait

MalT

So would need to go into Rosario police station not Corralejo? Is the green card just valid for 6 months? Finally, thought we did really well under new coach yesterday, bit more of a test on Saturday 😂😎 thanks

Johnrgby2

Quote from: MalT on February 02, 2020, 11:54:38 AM
So would need to go into Rosario police station, not Corralejo? Is the green card just valid for 6 months? Finally, thought we did really well under new coach yesterday, bit more of a test on Saturday 😂😎 thanks

Yes, it is Puerto, it is The National Police Station, it is down the road past Superdino on the same side of the road, cannot miss it nearly always 4/5 cars parked outside they are Dark Blue unlike the Guardia.
Could not really ask for more but Italy offered nothing.

decho

If you have the green card, do you then not have to apply for a Spanish driving license?
Also, I thought before getting Residencia you would require private Health Insurance?

Archer

Mal, the way I see it, the test as to whether you are eligible is simply 'do you pay your (income)  taxes in Fuerteventura'? ie are you registered fiscally to live here, rather than the UK?

If you only visit, irrespective of whether you own property or not, then you shouldn't be getting this financial benefit.

Sounds like Antigua have just woken up to the fact. Tuineje would not issue one to a tourist who was not living here permanently.

As an aside, the government have also woken up to the fact that this is costing a lot more than planned, as the airlines have jacked the prices, to cream-off the fat 75% profit!! Besides paying for those not entitled!

Archer

Certificado de Registro proves you are entitled to the travel discount. As John says get it from the Police Station in PR, after jumping through the hoops. Good luck.