Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace Jandia- any "naturist" loungers on beach?

Started by jaynek65, January 25, 2013, 12:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaynek65

Hi All :-)

We have decided, after 6 visits to the same hotel on Enquinzo Beach,  to be brave and change hotels / area !

We are staying at the Iberostar Palace this visit, and are wondering if anyone has visited this area and what its like for naturists, We are used to laying on a lounger in a mainly naturist area on Esquinzo beach (by Emillios bar) and was wondering if there is anything simular near this hotel.

I HATE laying on the sand, and would prefer not to be amoungst mainly "textiled"  people on any lounger areas, as I know this can upset others !

Is there anything simular to Enquinzo beach here on this section of  Jandia beach?

Thanks for any info you can pass on :-)

Magoo

Quote from: jaynek65 on January 25, 2013, 12:47:42 PM
We are used to laying on a lounger in a mainly naturist area on Esquinzo beach (by Emillios bar) and was wondering if there is anything simular near this hotel.

I HATE laying on the sand, and would prefer not to be amoungst mainly "textiled"  people on any lounger areas, as I know this can upset others !

Is there anything simular to Enquinzo beach here on this section of  Jandia beach?

Thanks for any info you can pass on :-)

I know how you feel about laying on the sand, neither me or the mrs likes roughing it on Godforsaken stretches of beach. We like the beach near Emillios for the very reason you state. Got two weeks booked at the start of Feb, & are keeping our fingers crossed as someone posted that the sand was washed away in October. (It does happen) Can't help you with other locations I'm afraid

jaynek65

Hi Magoo,

The beach was indeed washed away :-( Luckily we knew beforehand and took some sea shoes ! No way could you get into the sea at low tide otherwise -apart from walking approx 100yrs to the left, where there was a 3 ft wide "window" of sand..where people where queueing up to get into the sea  :P

This is one of the reasons we have changed hotels, I just want soft sand and nice sea, not to go rock climbing bare footed  to have a paddle lol

Have a great time, we're not back until May :-(

Jayne

Magoo

Hi Jayne

Better chance of good weather in May, we were there at that time last year, also the days are longer. Alas, Feb was the only option that fitted in with work. If the beach is indeed washed away, we might visit our old stomping ground near the H10 Esmeralda in Costa Calma. Its got built up, but I belive naturists are standing their corner at one end of the beach, & sunbeds are available.  Was it still €9 for two beds & a sunshade?

norbertm

Yes, part of Esmeralda Beach was 80% naturist in october, dunno about prices, because i love the warm sand, not interested in any kind of bed :)
Maybe Butihondo Beach is a good option, too. It's an easy walk from Esquinzo and past the stone area you may find sandy beach and some loungers.

mikets

It's been a few years since I've been to the south of the island but, unless things have changed dramatically, you should find that the sunbeds near the Fuerteventura Palace will be occupied mostly by textiles but if you walk a few hundred metres towards the lighthouse you will find some sets of sunbeds where most people are nude.  However this stretch of beach can be more exposed to the wind than the area near Emilio's.

Magoo

The bad news is that Esquinzo beach is still in a bad way (Feb 16th) The small 12" ledge in the sand is now about 9ft exposing lots of stones. However on our last day, the sand had started to cover them. I have some photos if I can remember how to post them.
The whole of the coast to the North has taken a pounding, we tried to walk up the beach but gave up as the tide no longer leaves enough walkable sand.

jaynek65

Thanks Magoo, That's a real shame about Esquinso, we fell in love with that beach 3 yrs ago, but when we went in Sept 12, we noticed how eroded it had become, you needed rock climbing equipment just to get into the sea ! it's surprising how quickly it changed as in May 12 it was not too bad. When we were last there the drop by the loungers (next to Emilio's) was HUGE, needed a ladder to get to the sea :-)  Also noticed how much further inland the tide was coming in, amazing transformation, but that's nature for you

We have, for this purpose, moved "further south" to be nearer Jandia beach when we return in 8 weeks time, as access is much better, with no fear of twisted/broken ankles being obtained having to climb over rocks to get to the sea lol.

We have hired a car this time so we can occasionally go back to Esquinso, and especially Emilio's for our lunch, I do hope the beach isn't driving away the tourists and their business.

Pics would be great if you can upload some, curious to see how much the beach had deteriorated  since Sept :-(

Let's hope nature finally does her bit and restores this lovely beach soon.

Magoo

Quote from: jaynek65 on March 01, 2013, 16:03:40 PM

We have hired a car this time so we can occasionally go back to Esquinso, and especially Emilio's for our lunch, I do hope the beach isn't driving away the tourists and their business.

Emilio's was shut down all the time we where there. Very few takers for the sunbeds, which have gone up 33% to €12 for two beds & a sombrilla. Will do the photos ASAP

jaynek65

Sunshinekid

I can't see any stone sculptures or wind turrets :D
How far does this damage go?

Magoo

Roger 1

Reviving an old thread, has anybody up-to-date info?

I've just found out that I can redeem BA Avios for stays at Iberostar hotels (via the Iberia website and only by phone to Spain).

I had not considered this hotel, but if OK would like to reduce our moountain of Avios.

Thanks.

Jimjo

Hi Magoo

Thank you for the update on Esquinzo beach. We have stayed there twice and the beach is the very reason we have booked again for this September. From your photos, it looks very similar to the first time we went. Last we were there, last June it looked so different with lots more sand. We were not sure if the extra sand was brought in manually or by the tide.

Thanks again

Jim

bedouin

notdeadfred

Roger1
Just back from a week in Jandia. The beach and sunbeds in front and to the immediate south of the Iberostar are basically textile. However the beach is so wide that we have seen some naturists right at the back (no sunbeds though) against the fencing which protects the nature reserve area.
However if you keep walking further south the textile sunbeds peter out and there is a large stretch of beach unblemished by sunbeds or many people, where you can be naked; and of course just beyond the lighthouse there are 2 areas of sunbeds used exclusively by naturists. If you don't fancy the long walk along the beach to the lighthouse you can go by the footpath from the hotel along the main road then use the boardwalk to the lighthouse beach.
Enjoy.
ps we didn't go round to Esquinzo this time so no updates on that beach I'm afraid.

Jimjo

Quote from: bedouin on April 03, 2017, 21:25:24 PM
Quote from: Jimjo on April 03, 2017, 21:09:13 PM
Hi Magoo

Thank you for the update on Esquinzo beach.

His photos are from 4 years ago.
Apologies, it will teach me to read the date of the post in future before replying. Thanks for pointing it out.