Bill and Blanche

Started by TamaraEnLaPlaya, February 16, 2018, 23:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Bill and wife Blanche go to the county fair every year and every year Bill would say "Blanche I'd love to ride in that helicopter" but Blanche always replied "I know Bill, but that ride in twenty quid and twenty quid is twenty quid!!"
One year Bill and Blanche went to the fair and Bill said "Blanche I'm 75 years old now and if I don't have a ride in that helicopter I might never get another chance" but Blanche's reply was the same "It's twenty quid Bill and twenty quid is twenty quid"   The pilot overheard the couple and said "listen folks, I'll make you a deal. I'll take you both up and if you can stay quiet for the entire ride I won't charge you a penny, but if one word is spoken then it's twenty quid" They both agreed and up they went.  The pilot did all kinds of fancy manoeuvres but not a word was heard.. he did his daredevil tricks over and over again but still not a word.  When they landed the pilot turned to Bill and said "By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out but you didn't.  I'm impressed" -   "Well to tell you the truth" Bill said  "I almost said something when Blanche fell out but you know,  twenty quid is twenty quid !!!!!"