A sneaky little add on

Started by fifi, June 22, 2013, 11:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fifi

I just noticed that there is now a new  extra charge for bags which are booked through the Manage my booking section on Ryanairs website. If you decide to add a bag online after your initial booking is made there will be an extra £5 charge (presumably each way). http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees

bedouin

Is that unreasonable?  They have to change the boarding pass and make the revised version available for you to print.  I know it's computerised, but it's still additional admin for them, and the whole idea of the fees is to discourage people from messing them about.

fifi

They dont have to change anything  Tiger.  I usually book my ticket and then decide before I do an online check in whether I want to bring a bag or not. Now it will cost an extra €10. I wont be doing that anymore.

If they have to change something after you do an online checkin .....there is a separate charge.

This is a sneaky one.......

I still love Ryanair though. :)

Paddster

Quote from: fifi on June 22, 2013, 12:58:26 PM
They dont have to change anything  Tiger.  I usually book my ticket and then decide before I do an online check in whether I want to bring a bag or not. Now it will cost an extra €10. I wont be doing that anymore.

If they have to change something after you do an online checkin .....there is a separate charge.

This is a sneaky one.......

I still love Ryanair though. :)

I agree with you Fi on this one - it's sneaky  :)

Can the Man

Fi I wonder if you book a case on and the later through manage my booking cancel the case will they give you your money back ?

fifi

I dont know Can. Can you cancel anything in manage my booking? I tried to cancel insurance a while back and their system didnt allow it through manage my booking. I followed the rules and regulations and never got a refund.

KWC

Quote from: Can the Man on June 22, 2013, 22:38:04 PM
Fi I wonder if you book a case on and the later through manage my booking cancel the case will they give you your money back ?

I would guess they would charge a cancellation fee to the value at least or more, so best forget about it  :D

fifi

djk99

I think the Ryanair way of dealing with this would be to add yet another pre-filled tick box to the booking form -charging you £10 to insure you against buying insurance by accident !! :)