New kitchen

Started by Northy, January 18, 2017, 19:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northy

Hi All.

we have just bought an holiday apartment in Caleta, just to use for our family.

One thing that needs updating is the small kitchen. some of the cabinets have water damage and it doesn't have a cooker.

I have contacted a kitchen company and was quoted around 4,000 euros, which is a bit more than we had in mind.

the kitchen is about 220 cm wide with 4 cabinets and wall cupboards.

Can anyone recommend any kitchen companies, and also if the above price is about right.

Thanks

spitfire58

Seems steep to me. I got two & 1/2 base units a ss sink & taps, worktop & 3 wall units (basic white but look fine) for approx 550â,¬, will fit myself.

If you are on Facebook, search for "Fuerteventura secondhandshop" the guys name is Steve Lipner. He does nice kitchen installations. I am sure he will help you out.
Tell him Ron Ireland sent you to him
Hope this helps 😀

Northy

Thanks Ron,

where did you end up getting the kitchen units from.

spitfire58

Ordered from IKEA about two weeks before needed & ready to pick up in the depot near the airport. If you don't speak Spanish, go on the UK IKEA site sift through what you want & take note of the product name, not ref. number then go to the bottom of the site & change country to Spanish islands & Fuerte then put the product name in the search bar i.e. Kitchen cabinets as far as I remember are "Metod" & what you can order will come up. You can then order for pick up at the depot. Worked well for me anyway. Any probs pm me if you like & I will try to help

Northy

Thanks again.

I'll have a look @ Ikea.
You'll have to let us know how you get on fitting it.

Deso

Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

spitfire58

Went ok so far. Didn't have any leccy so couldn't cut the worktop for the sink. Small 1/2 base unit to go on left side & two spaces for fridge & cooker & then wall units above this time (leccy permitting, lol)
Basic but functional. The reason for the legs is so herself can be sure there are no "beasties" lurking, lol.

Trying to post a pic but don't know how (numpty !!) any help appreciated, lol
Will post later (if some kind person 😁 Tells me how to)

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Hi Spitfire
You need to upload your photo to a website like IMGUR, you can then get a link from there that you can paste into your posts on here. Once you've done it a couple of times its really quick and simple!

http://imgur.com/
Look for the green box saying 'new post' - the area you need for uploading pics is in there.

Once the photo is uploaded on there you need to hover near the top right of the pic and click on 'get share links', then choose the link designed for use on forums. Good luck!

spitfire58

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on January 20, 2017, 00:51:03 AM
Hi Spitfire
You need to upload your photo to a website like IMGUR, you can then get a link from there that you can paste into your posts on here. Once you've done it a couple of times its really quick and simple!

Look for the green box saying 'new post' - the area you need for uploading pics is in there.

Once the photo is uploaded on there you need to hover near the top right of the pic and click on 'get share links', then choose the link designed for use on forums. Good luck!

Thanks Tamara, will give it a go 😃😃😃

spitfire58

spitfire58

Quote from: spitfire58 on January 20, 2017, 09:24:52 AM
Hi Spitfire

Thanks Tamara, will give it a go 😃😃😃

Looks like it worked
Thanks again Tamara.
"One is never too old to learn something new"

MalT

We ordered some sofas from ikea and had them delivered to apartment, probably do same with kitchen units?

Can the Man

Quote from: MalT on January 20, 2017, 12:37:24 PM
We ordered some sofas from ikea and had them delivered to apartment, probably do same with kitchen units?

Are they self assembly MaIT ?

I had a new L shaped sofa with pull out bed, 2 x double beds, and 2 x bedside lockers ordered and delivered from IKEA, they also assembled them for a very reasonable price of â,¬129, it was not IKEA themselves but some local contractor they use.

MalT

They were self assembly, fortunately the other half is very practical, when working under my direction!

Tel501

Hi Spitfire58
Hope this is of help to post photos on the forum. Courtesy of MLA
Hi Spitfire

MLA

Quote from: Tel501 on January 20, 2017, 19:54:31 PM
Hi Spitfire58
Hope this is of help to post photos on the forum. Courtesy of MLA

[/quote]

Hi Spitfire58

You will also need to keep your image size low, all my weather pictures are below 200 KB. They start off at 6 MB and are reduced in MS Paint, before using Imgur.

Deso

I usually resize to 640 x 480 pixels which makes it yea big.....   :D

Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

spitfire58

Thanks Deso, not too techno savvy sometimes, lol

Fivetimes5

Hi all had our kitchen fitted in our sunny happy apartment by altagracia 2 years ago up the road from ikea.
We can highly recommend them.  Marcel was very professional to deal with and kept us up to date at all times.
Washing machine, fridge and hob with all units all fitted and supplied by them and completed within a day by a man on his own , we are both very pleased with it so much so they have just fitted a breakfast bar again in and out within part of the morning .
Very reasonable price as well, wouldn't think twice to recommend Altagracia.
Have no qualms on ordering from ikea Fuerteventura, we did have a delay with our bed but it was all sorted.

skillt

Hi We got our Kitchen form Casa Lube, the owner has ok english but walks you around pointing so between my hand signals and his broken english we found him very good to deal with, turned out to be a good price and did not take advantage of us for example we wanted an expensive tap but he told us it was not a good one and showed us a cheaper mixer tap that turned out to be cheaper and nicer than the original we wanted. The owner is laid back no big sales pitch etc and we gave him no deposit and he kept his time frame 4 weeks, installed the kitchen then paid him, the owner came to our house to inspect the kitchen and to see that we where happy.
Shop location: Casa Lube No: 80 Av Juan de Bethencourt, Puerto del Rosario

https://www.google.ie/maps/@28.5048114,-13.8664503,3a,75y,350.18h,86.75t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1spmpkftMiJKRzqgpw8VpX3g!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DpmpkftMiJKRzqgpw8VpX3g%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D6.002091%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656