ZKTV

Started by decho, October 27, 2014, 16:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunefootball

Out of curiosity I wonder which addons the users find best for live sport on Kodi XBMC.
I keep reading how this is superior to the package that ZKTV offer but in my experience I find it very frustrating to use.
I have used an android box for around 2 years and found that just when you have something suitable you then have to mess around and look for something else.
Mash Up/PHOENIX,AAA Streams, IPTV stalker, all come and go.
For about the last 8 months I have had a subscription to supply a Mag254 with the sport etc( not ZKTV) and this is far superior and more reliable.
I have a supply of 50 Mb in the UK and only around 4 Mb in Caleta, but both work fine.
The IPTV stalker was good quality and if anyone knows of a reliable alternative I'd be happy to give it a go.
The fact I can search on YouTube and resolve any issue with the XBMC is okay , but you never know when the next addon is going to go down.

Terry M

A lot of what you've said is right. On my Android box, for sport I use UK Turks, which also gives you basic UK TV channels. For movies, Genesis is brilliant, as soon as a movie is released to the cinemas, you'll find it there, although I prefer to give it a couple of days, the first streams are sub standard. I also have an IPTV system, which gives me loads of sports channels, and Sky channels, including the movies, apparently ZKTV won't supply Sky channels. I pay just under 30 Euros per month, and I pay monthly, also included is catch up on practically all the channels they supply, and reception is good, I've watched all the Ashes Tests, with barely any interruptions. If you're interested, phone Graham on 966 783944. Android is a challenge, like you say, but if you search forums you can usually find the next good add on.

Tunefootball

Thanks for the info Terry.
The Genesis addon as historically been very stable and reliable for films and TV series.
I'll give the UK Turks a try.
My supplier for the Mag254 is great for the football and I pay £20 a month and watch whichever 3pm kick off on a Saturday I want.

woe10

Arsenal v Chelsea 3.00pm today. Community Shield.

BTSports 2, on Android TV Box. IPTV Stalker add-on, also on UK Turks, but not as good a picture.

Tunefootball, why you paying £20 per month. You can every any Saturday afternoon game on NBC Sports Extra.

Install on Android from zip:  plugin.video.nbcsnliveextra-beta.zip

You will need VPN pointed to USA Server though. I use Tunnelbear $4.99 per month. I also use this for ITV Player Catchup through UK server.

F1REFLY999

Also check out Operation Robocop addon  ;)
La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

woe10

ANDROID TV BOX, BTSPORTS 2, USING IPTV STALKER ADD-ON

Tunefootball

As I mentioned earlier the IPTV Stalker is the closest picture and performance quality to the supply I get
on the Mag254.
As usual though that went down in July and the last YouTube video that I followed didn't re-install it successfully.
I'm currently watching the Arsenal- Chelsea game via theVdubt25 addon because that is more stable than the Zeus video( formerly AAA) addon.
I watch on a 50 inch screen and the picture quality certainly suffers.
You can't complain when it doesn't cost anything , but in my experience the £20 is worth every penny

TamaraEnLaPlaya

on the subject i have just had this email ..
From 8/8 zktv.futbol will start service from cali colombia ,offering SKY SPORT with 14 day catchup, CTH for all 3pm matches and unique to us EPL VOD - every match of the season at the touch of a button to watch all of the season.

woe10

To fix IPTV Stalker,

Right click on NFPS, click on Add On Settings.
Click on Custom Mac Addres so the blue light comes on
Click in the space that appears
And where it says Mac, enter these numbers: 00:1A:79:12:34:56
Click out of this, then right click NFPS again, and CLEAR CACHE.

Click out again, restart XBMC, click on IPTV Stalker then NFPS and all should be well.

CLICK FOR BIGGER VIEW

Tunefootball

Thanks for the guidance Woe.
I have seen this info before but unfortunately my system isn't showing any Custom MAC address panel.
My android box as a remote control and rather than press the right click on the NFPS to display Add on Settings I have to press the "menu" button to achieve this.
However I cannot get anything to display the "Custom Mac Address" and therefore I cannot input the relevant numbers.
My system just shows
Portal1
Name         NFPS
Url              http://portal.iptvprivateserver.tv

Instead of then displaying "Custom Mac Address" as per your instructions, mine just then states "Portal2"
I might need something changing on my primary settings.

woe10

Are you using this version of IPTV Stalker, with the black wrinting and yellow flash. Version esxbr 1.0.18

Go into SYSTEM/SETTINGS/ADD-ONS/ENABLED ADD-ONS/VIDEO ADD-ONS/IPTV stalker/CLICK ENTER ON YOUR REMOTE

You should see this: click on configure and you should see the screen with the mac address space.

If you don't see this version, you need to download the ZIP (below). and install from zip as usual.

Copy or click the address below into your browser, and the zip should download into your downloads folder.

https://github.com/esxbr/plugin.video.stalker/archive/master.zip

Tunefootball

Hi Woe
My version is1.0.62
Having added the source you mentioned I then found that when I went to install from the zip file there was nothing within the "master.zip" and therefore I couldn't continue to install the IPTV Stalker.
Never mind.
Thanks for your help

woe10

Hmmmm ... strange   :-[

Deso

Might be worth having a run through this

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-stalker-kodi-xbmc/

Personally, when using an Android box I would always get a wireless keyboard and mouse as it makes life so much easier. Even the small combined ones such as

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rii-i8-Multifunction-2-4GHz-RF-Portable-Mini-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad-Mouse-/131500049800?hash=item1e9e038588
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

F1REFLY999

QuotePersonally, when using an Android box I would always get a wireless keyboard and mouse as it makes life so much easier. Even the small combined ones such as

I use my Android mobile phone and/or Kindle as a remote control
La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

decho

I just use ZKTV with its very friendly user interface! Just 2 clicks of the remote and you're there!

Tunefootball

Hi Deso
Thanks for the link to the Stalker.
I'd already run through that guide several times but the problem is where the guide states to install from the zip file, I can't because my download folder as got nothing in it,
Where you normally have a zip folder or repository that would then be the addon , I've nothing that the Kodi can work with.
Decho, as far as ZKTV are concerned they haven't shown the normal service to me that most seem to appreciate.
I've messaged Paul a couple of times on his current number to see if he can supply my Mag254 with his service into the U.K.   After two days no response.
I then went onto their website requesting a trial.
I had a e-mail back stating the sports section would be available soon and they would get in touch.
I e- mailed back asking if they do supply the U.K. , and two days later I am still awaiting a response.
They obviously look after customers and Fuerteventura better than the U.K. and potential customers.

Deso

You need to download the zip file to your PC or Android box. If you do it to your PC then put it on a USB drive and plug into your Android box. When you are in Kodi, navigate to the file on your USB or wherever you have downloaded it on your Android box and it will install in Kodi. You should then be able to get it up and running.

In the guide, click on the blue words I have enclosed below to download.

"Download the 'IPTV Stalker Zip' and save to a location you can easily access from your Kodi device"
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Tunefootball

Sorted.
Got the lap top out, downloaded the zip file and I'm back up and running.
Who needs ZKTV when you've got helpful members like this.

Deso

Regards, Neil

woe10

Quote from: Deso on August 05, 2015, 18:19:35 PM
You need to download the zip file to your PC or Android box. If you do it to your PC then put it on a USB drive and plug into your Android box. When you are in Kodi, navigate to the file on your USB or wherever you have downloaded it on your Android box and it will install in Kodi. You should then be able to get it up and running.

In the guide, click on the blue words I have enclosed below to download.

"Download the 'IPTV Stalker Zip' and save to a location you can easily access from your Kodi device"

Sorry to mention. This is how I install ZIPs to my Andoid box. From my Laptop to a USB drive.
The location of the USB drive on the Android box is usually found in the sda1 folder.

Glad you got ther in the end. Yes https://seo-michael.co.uk/ tutorials are the best.

decho

Quote from: Tunefootball on August 05, 2015, 22:17:39 PM
Sorted.
Got the lap top out, downloaded the zip file and I'm back up and running.
Who needs ZKTV when you've got helpful members like this.
Add-ons, USBs, ZIPs, Downloads, Kodi, Laptops, Stalkers, Kindles...
That's why I need ZKTV. Our friends and family that use our place struggled with Flimon, never mind all this technology ::)
Now if someone can tell me using this system that I can pick up a remote, press '1' and get BBC1 then I might be interested!

Tunefootball

Decho, I have the same system in the UK as what ZKTV
supply you.
My point was that despite an e-mail and phone message to
ZKTV they were of no use to me.
I agree, the Mag254 is far simpler, but needs must.

woe10

The Mag 254 is Linux based softwear, the Google boxes use the latest Android softwear, which I have, I also have it on my laptop using windows 7. No difference between them. So what is the difference with the mag box. Is it better ??

Tunefootball

Hi Woe
I've no idea if the Mag254 is superior than the latest android system, I just know it is recommended whenever you have IPTV supplied by a third party.

Ironworks

Quote from: decho on August 06, 2015, 09:06:11 AM
Add-ons, USBs, ZIPs, Downloads, Kodi, Laptops, Stalkers, Kindles...
That's why I need ZKTV. Our friends and family that use our place struggled with Flimon, never mind all this technology ::)
Now if someone can tell me using this system that I can pick up a remote, press '1' and get BBC1 then I might be interested!

Good point.

Some people want free/cheap, and to get free/cheap they are prepared to a: faff around with convoluted or hacked together solutions and b: sacrifice ease of use and reliability.

Some people want the aforementioned ease of use and reliability, and will pay a premium to get it.

The answer you get to "which is the best system" often depends on which of the above camps you are in, and also which camp the person answering is in.

Baldy

Does anyone have a web address for ZKTV please?

Tried the email tvtenerife@hotmail.com but that just kept bouncing back.

Thanks

decho

That's the correct email - I emailed Paul on Thursday at this address and it got there ok.

Baldy

Thanks Decho

Will tell my neighbour to keep trying the email address

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: Baldy on October 05, 2015, 14:45:43 PM

Does anyone have a web address for ZKTV please?

Tried the email tvtenerife@hotmail.com but that just kept bouncing back.

Thanks

Hi Baldy
These are the various contacts I have:

Paul who is the agent for the islands is on

TVtenerife@hotmail.com
and/or
Paul@zktv.co

ZKTV can be found at
ZKTV.INFO
http://www.zurich-kabel-tv.ch/

their email is ....
Zurich-Kabel-Tv@email.ch