Young Driver

Started by bellydancer50, October 15, 2012, 11:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellydancer50

Hi  We want to hire two cars when we come over in November rather than get a van for 7.  However, My daugher who is 24 has only been driving since January 2011 which means it will be just under two years.  Has anyone had any experience and can advise me where she can get a car from. Tried Cicar and Autoreisen but they are two years minimum. Many thanks

SheilaW

Have you emailed them? It could be that they'd waive the exclusion as she's close to two years and isn't as young as she might be i.e. they wouldn't want anyone under 19 driving, I'm sure, but she should be a little more mature in her behaviour generally.

Deso

Try Plus Car    http://www.pluscar-fuerteventura.com/en/

Their minimum age is 23 but they are only available from/to the airport.  :)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

bellydancer50

Thanks for your replies.  Never used Pluscar before but think we'll give them a try as she only needs one year's driving experience and everything is included in the price. 

bellydancer50

Forgot to add, has anyone used Pluscar and are they ok?

Deso

I use them every time, no problems at all and nice and cheap, Fiat Panda or Hyundai i10  €79.94 for the week.   :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

dagwood

A friend of mine used them twice and said they are very good. Rep met him at the airport did the paper work.He was all sorted in no time.

charlatanefc

Used them for a 9 day hire this March, and were spot on.  Booked a two week hire with them for next May.