Top car

Started by Billington, May 03, 2017, 20:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billington

Top car seemed to have changed there policy.On picking up my car this time they took out the hire price and insurance deposit on one credit card slip.This means they will debit my account of all the amount in one go.This is quite a significant change,they used to do it on 2 separate checks,then tore up the  insurance deposit on returning the car undamaged.This is the same scam as Goldcar use.

Windermeregolfer

Quote from: Billington on May 03, 2017, 20:23:39 PM
Top car seemed to have changed there policy.On picking up my car this time they took out the hire price and insurance deposit on one credit card slip.This means they will debit my account of all the amount in one go.This is quite a significant change,they used to do it on 2 separate checks,then tore up the  insurance deposit on returning the car undamaged.This is the same scam as Goldcar use.

Can confirm this as it happened to us for the first time yesterday and it has gone up from 200â,¬  to 300â,¬ will wait and see how the refund goes so as long as it goes back in account as soon as it got taken out I am ok with that as they are not going to earn a lot on 300â,¬ in a week plus I think they will be paying merchant transaction fees on the extra transactions involved.

Will be checking to see what other companies do for next trip.

spitfire58

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on May 23, 2017, 09:10:17 AM
Quote from: Billington on May 03, 2017, 20:23:39 PM

Can confirm this as it happened to us for the first time yesterday and it has gone up from 200â,¬  to 300â,¬ will wait and see how the refund goes so as long as it goes back in account as soon as it got taken out I am ok with that as they are not going to earn a lot on 300â,¬ in a week plus I think they will be paying merchant transaction fees on the extra transactions involved.

Will be checking to see what other companies do for next trip.

Just back a week ago. This must be for pre booked but not paid hire, I assume. My hire had just a 300â,¬ deposit held on cc but repaid day after car returned. Was with Orlando as talked about in another post. My last few trips have been 300â,¬ so that has been on for the last few months at least.

Logitechtom

I have been charged 300â,¬ cash only!!

Pre-booked via Ryanair. Booking confirmation says deposit will be reserved on credit card and it must be the credit card used when booking the car. However, was asked for cash, credit card not acceptable as I was hiring for more than one month (booked 42 day hire period). Reason given was that any reservation on a credit card is only valid for one month, then the credit card company cancel the reserved amount.

Be very interested how they refund the 300â,¬ when I return car on 26th June. It better be cash!!!

Watch this space. I will post the answer when back in UK.

Tom (in not so sunny Cotillo)