Playa Park Club - Corralejo

Started by csedgewick, January 15, 2009, 16:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csedgewick

Going here on the 11th of February, just wondering if anyone has stayed here before and what they thought of it? Also what type of weather can be expected at this time of year?

Thanks

Chris

zedzedeleven

The management of the Playa Park Club has banned jet skiers from staying at his hotel after constant problems with the typical chavs that tend to pursue this selfish and boorish pastime. He has experienced the usual rowdy drunken behaviour, fighting, vomiting vandalism and loud pop music that this group of yobbos indulge in.
The weather in February is appalling, snow and gale force winds. No one goes in Feb. ever. Try Tenerife.
Mentor to the boneheads.

mit1964

Zed Zed You are a naughty boy! Hope you had your fingers crossed when you wrote all those lies!!!!

Take it or leave it some do like jetskies but unfortunately I can not comment as I do not not the cost. Nor have I stayed in Playa Park. But I expect the weather will be a damn site better than in the UK. warm during the day 20ºC plus and a little chilly at night 15ºC ish!!

zedzedeleven

Fair enough Tim, sensible head on for the humourless. Stayed at the Playa Park but unfortunately got put in a tiny studio above the entrance. No balcony tiny sink in a cupboard really too small. The management wouldn`t change me to another apartment, said they were full, even offered to pay the difference, still wouldn`t move me. The rest of the place was ok, nice pool etc. Bit too far out for walking back, make sure you take a leak before you set off if you have been drinking beer ! The other thing that I remember was the fire alarm going off in the wee small hours. I duly reported to the muster point outside where I was one of only a handful of guests that had bothered. After ten minutes the receptionist came out to tell us that it was ok to go back in, only a "small" fire in the kitchen. Well, smoke was billowing out of the aircon ventilation exhaust, looked a bit more than a small fire to me. I hung around until the fire brigade had been and gone, didn`t fancy getting torched.
Mentor to the boneheads.

Estudiante

If you are staying in the apartments they are quite spacious and very nice with a balcony at the front and at the back. As zz said the studios are very small. Complex is very nice with a decent pool and established gardens. Weather in Feb can be very mixed but hopefully it might improve from how it is at the moment. Sun cloud rain and quite cold in the evening. I'm sure you'll enjoy it there.

johnriverlune

We are off to the Playa Park at the beginning of December, we booked as self catering but have been told that eating out in Corralejo is very expensive now, any ideas on how to keep the costs down [other than bringing over lots of corned beef.........] Does anyone know if we can upgrade to half board, is the food any good at the Playa Park?

mit1964

Eating out in Corralejo is no more expnsive in Euros than it was 3 Years ago! It may seem a little more expensive to the Brits because  of the Euro exchange BUT many Europeans that use the Euro always comment that it is a lot cheaper here than there own country!!

Many bars and resturants are putting on special prices to help the brits you may be pleasantly surprised!

zedzedeleven

Cheap food can be had in Corralejo, try the Talk of the town first, cheap and cheerful. Plenty of supermarkets for self catering. All sorts of food available in town including fresh fish and meat. Have fun searching it out.
Mentor to the boneheads.

johnriverlune

Thanks to both of you, winter has started in earnest here, with gale force winds and buckets of rain........... if I could persuade my wife I'd be over there now on a cheapie holiday, still December is not that far away.

johnriverlune

12 Months on, and we have booked for a fortnight in December at the Playa Park, we were so impressed with the place last time. Better the devil you know. Hoping this year to do a lot more walking, anyone walked around the coast to el Cotilla? it looks a goodish walk with a bus back at the end of the day. I'm also going to put some stronger line on my fishing reel as I caught some decent sea bream last year, and lost a whopper. Looking forward to my holiday, hope the recession hasn't hit too hard. p.s. is the water warm enough for swimming?

falkirkdan

quote:
Originally posted by johnriverlune

12 Months on, and we have booked for a fortnight in December at the Playa Park, we were so impressed with the place last time. Better the devil you know. Hoping this year to do a lot more walking, anyone walked around the coast to el Cotilla? it looks a goodish walk with a bus back at the end of the day. I'm also going to put some stronger line on my fishing reel as I caught some decent sea bream last year, and lost a whopper. Looking forward to my holiday, hope the recession hasn't hit too hard. p.s. is the water warm enough for swimming?

It is about 14km from Corry bus station to Cotillo.  Check on Google earth.   Good track but be prepared to get very dusty as the track is busy with lots of cars etc all throwing up lots of dust.    Best idea is to strip off and walk nude like saw guy recently (that is legal in Spain) and then save washing clothes.    There are lots of little bays for that au natural dip to wash away the dust.    If you avoid a Monday you can visit the lighthouse and get a brew in the cafe.
Best walking east to west as in most cases wind will be behind you.   Last bus back to Corry 20.00.

johnriverlune

Many thanks falkirkdan, I walked part of it last year, I think I'll walk into the wind, i.e. catch the bus first-then I don't have to worry about missing it. I saw a chipmonk! Don't think I'll be going au natureul though, although if its quiet I might do some skinny dipping

lee20

Playa Park Club - Corralejo is an excellent hotel for location, services, pool and cleanliness. The place is great also,clean, quiet, mixed nationalities and has good facilities.

johnriverlune

Stayed last year at the same time, have booked a poolside apartment this time, as last year we were overlooking the road and I believe they have started work on the building site opposite???? So it could get quite noisy.
Will be out there in two weeks...... one of the great things about this time of year is that the build up to Christmas does not seem as frantic in Corralejo,  very low key

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

" one of the great things about this time of year is that the build up to Christmas does not seem as frantic in Corralejo, very low key "

That's because the Spanish don't actually celebrate Christmas. Their biggie is '3 Kings Day' in January.
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

johnriverlune

suits me fine, I'm fed up with Christmas already, humbug.........Just hope I can get to the airport next week, the forecast is quite bleak

lee20

This hotels also offers good accommodation and the location is great.
And is excellent if we are to talk about its location, services, and pool cleanliness.

Arkduke

Excellent hotel, rooms very big and clean. bathroom excellent .
all hotel is in very good position and well kept!