DIY Supplies

Started by mark09, March 19, 2018, 17:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark09

Does anyone know where can you buy cut to measure MDF or similar sheets and high density foam

TamaraEnLaPlaya

You can get the foam, cut to size, in the Sewing shop (Poplins) in Corralejo, opposite the Central Salud (Medical Centre). We had MDF cut to size in a timber merchants on the Risco Prieto industrial estate in Puerto del Rosario, can't remember the name of the place though, sorry. Behind and down from Ideal etc.

MLA

This is the timber merchant Tamara is referring to:

Supermercado de la Madera Lanzafuerte
Timber merchant
Polígono Industrial Risco Prieto
Puerto del Rosario, Spain
+34 928 53 05 90
Opens 9AM

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@28.4967969,-13.8782371,3a,75y,183.26h,103.76t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ss-hKJbV5tB5L3Rq4c34rNA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en&authuser=0

They do speak some English, and German.

mark09

Thanks for that. Would you know if they have varying densities and thicknesses in stock?  Thanks. I was looking for a high density foam suitable for a heradboafrd in a  +-50mm thickness

TamaraEnLaPlaya

I'm pretty sure Popelins have different thickness foam, cut to order, but as to different density I don't know. It is for upholstery etc so presumably quite dense. There is a size/price list high up on the left opposite the counter if anyone is around and can take a pic!

mark09

Thank you, if someone could that would be great - not back out till June.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Ok - next time I'm in Corralejo I'll try to remember to take a pic and post it here. I'll also attempt a question about density although not sure my Spanish will be up to it  ;D
There is also a shop that does reupholstery and they might sell it - I'll check there as well if I can find the place again.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Snowdrop

The upholstery shop by corner house bar does sell foam of different depths and sizes and cuts it to order.  You have to wait a few days for them to do.

mark09

Thanks for that Tamara, really appreciated. And thanks /snowdrop

mark09

Apologies...MLA as well.    :D