garden solar lights

Started by cdm82, April 23, 2018, 18:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdm82

Hi , im fly with TUI and wondering am I allowed to bring garden solar lights in my hand luggage , thanks
cdmccarthy

spitfire58

Don`t see why not. I have brought over some weird & wonderful things in my carry on bag so far. Only thing I had rejected was the handle/trigger of a power washer.

decho

Yep done it myself with Ryanair. Costco solar lights are great!

emmi

Yep! I have brought loads out in hand luggage. My Caleta garden is a veritable fairy light grotto!

spitfire58

Quote from: emmi on April 24, 2018, 09:00:32 AM
Yep! I have brought loads out in hand luggage. My Caleta garden is a veritable fairy light grotto!

Ha ha emmi,
So that is the glow I can see on the horizon when I look over towards Caleta 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

cockney

I once took a toilet seat out.!!

spitfire58

Quote from: cockney on April 24, 2018, 11:02:57 AM
I once took a toilet seat out.!!

Ha ha cockney, me as well 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Deso

Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Windermeregolfer

Yes no problem taking solar lights in hand luggage I have even taken out a box of 4 with 100mm garden spikes, did re wrap the contents in bubble wrap so they looked less obvious, or I may have volunteered the free hand luggage in the hold at the check in desk to avoids a problem and the checked baggage charge.

What I can't understand is the lack of availability & choice of solar lights on the island when you have the natural source to change them.

decho

Quote from: cdm82 on April 23, 2018, 21:52:01 PM
Thanks for replies , its the Costco ones I've got , not spike in the ground ones
I took out Costco ones a couple of years ago...they're good. However when I got out there I discovered that they did indeed have spikes, the spike part was packed inside the outer tube...and it wasn't detected....makes you wonder!

fuerte crazy

I have brought out the little solar rock lamps in the past but to be honest they now sell them in Ideal in PDR and also some of the China shops have started to stock them.  They don't tend to last very long out there and a good supply of the rechargeable batteries is a good idea.
:)