Barcelo Corralejo Bay

Started by superkev61, April 29, 2017, 20:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superkev61

Hi

We stayed at the Barcelo last year for the first time. Having holidayed in Corrie since 1999 we'd always done apartments or villas as we had the kids with us. Last year for a change we decided on the Barcelo as we'd always loved the look of the hotel from our first visit all those years ago.

We were not disappointed, from the minute we walked through the doors till the minute we left we had such a lovely time. The staff from reception, bar, waiting right through to the room maids and cleaners were really friendly. The rooms were very comfortable and air conditioned which was utter bliss in the October heat. The restaurant was really good and served up a different style of food over a two week period, so unless you were there for more than 14 nights you had a change of food for each night of your stay. Pool are was always nipping clean as the guard was constantly sweeping and washing the showers down whilst making sure we all swam safe.

We rated it 5 stars on tripadvisor after our stay  but whilst it may be our cup of tea it may not be someone elses. If you book direct with The Barcelo and enjoy the hotel enough to go back. Once you start booking through them again you will start to earn a loyalty bonus resulting in the more you book through them = discounts on prices and automatic upgrades on rooms. If you're over 55 you automatically qualify for a 5% room discount price. You must book direct though the Barcelo Group to qualify for these discounts though.

Kevin
Puedo tener unas faltas, equivocarse no es uno de ellos.

Kev

Mr Boo Boo

Just returned from a great week at the Barceló Corralejo Bay, what a fantastic hotel, the staff couldn't do enough for us, food excellent, location great, staff great we had a small problem with the A/C and they upgraded us to a superior delux room..... having stayed at the two Barcello's in Caleta numerous times (where guests are made to feel that they are nuisance) this hotel and the staff are a huge bonus to the Barcello group..

We will be back.

superkev61

Quote from: Gramster on July 17, 2017, 12:54:37 PM
Just returned from a great week at the Barceló Corralejo Bay, what a fantastic hotel, the staff couldn't do enough for us, food excellent, location great, staff great we had a small problem with the A/C and they upgraded us to a superior delux room..... having stayed at the two Barcello's in Caleta numerous times (where guests are made to feel that they are nuisance) this hotel and the staff are a huge bonus to the Barcello group..

We will be back.

We love the hotel. Been there twice already and back again in November. It may be expensive but it's worth every penny. Did you book direct with the hotel?

Kev

Mr Boo Boo

Going back to the Barcelo Bay in 12 days time, cannot wait, hope it is as good as last time....

superkev61

We return 27th September, really looking forward to this one  8)

Kev

Mr Boo Boo

Have a great time Kev, wish I was back there now...

superkev61

From what I understand now is that they don't take cash at any of the bars anymore. Seems a very strange move to make by the hotel but the must have their reasons. Can you clarify this for us please.

Kev

Johnrgby2

Quote from: superkev61 on August 13, 2018, 22:23:24 PM
From what I understand now is that they don't take cash at any of the bars anymore. Seems a very strange move to make by the hotel but the must have their reasons. Can you clarify this for us please.

Do not know this, but it may be security reasons, hands in tills etc. or simply to save money on transporting cash to the bank, which I know in the UK is not cheap, and is a cost most UK businesses would love to eradicate the ned for.

Mr Boo Boo

Hi

Yes that's the case now you settle up at the end of the stay, on the last day whilst awaiting out transfer bus, I ordered 2 coffees, having already settled the bill I asked if I could pay by cash, told that I have to pay by credit card...

The waiter explained that ALL Barcellos have gone cashless..... we didnt actually have any problems with it just that every time you get a drink you have to sign the chitty...

Mr Boo Boo

forgot to add that we were told that it was for security reasons... I believe that you can settle your bill on a daily basis or at the end of your stay, still a great hotel and looking to book for Christmas.. only negative is that for some reason this stay they didnt have an Indian (curry) themed night in the resteraunt but hey ho not a deal breaker....

Beachfun

Well hope they ask for room card every time someone purchases something as we always pay in cash because between barcelo and riu Palace trees Islas when final bill came stuff on our bill that we never bought, then have to go through procedure if checking every  chitty and some it's hotel fault also putting it on wrong room also so will be telling them not happy 😳

Beachfun

Also can we ask when settling bill at reception can you pay in cash as we do not want to pay with bank card abroad...?

Mr Boo Boo

HI Beach

Yes I settled the bill by paying cash.... the final bill was a lot less than I had expected, sure they had processed all the chitties !!

Beachfun