In Jandia

Started by spirefolks, August 23, 2017, 17:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spirefolks

We are dropping the family at the zoo tomorrow and fancy spending the day on a nice naturist beach but the Mrs walks with a stick and can't do difficult paths etc. Can anyone suggest where to go where there is easy access? Donkeys years since we have been to the beach there and can't recall ourselves. Thanks
thanks

Magoo

Just typed out a shed load of venues & then read about the mobility problems. DOH!

Head South into Costa Calma & get to the South end of the town.  The area in front of the Esmeralda Hotel used to be good for naturism & you could park up close to the beach.  Its got a bit more developed now, so not sure what its like. Maybe another member could help?
Our favorite spot is in Esquinzo  under the Robinson Hotel, but its a ball ache of a climb

Enjoy!

PS. Its August so the whole area is a bit more textiley

bedouin

Shortest/easiest walking distance is probably at Sotavento - come off the FV2 at Mal Nombre exit, take the El Salmo road, go past petrol station, go under FV2, turn off at the viewpoint (camera sign) and go left down unmade road to car park at beach.  But no facilities there.  If you want sunbeds, etc, head for Tierra Dorada - off FV2 at Mal Nombre exit, follow signs for Tierra Dorada.  There are steps/slope down to the beach here, but not too bad.  Also a good beach bar.

duncolm

Another option would be Risco del Paso. It's well signposted off the main road south of Costa Calma and has a big car park with level access onto the beach. It's not the most naturist-friendly location, more of a windsurfers corner, but a short walk away from the car park and you'd be fine.

bedouin

Quote from: duncolm on August 23, 2017, 22:08:51 PM
Another option would be Risco del Paso. It's well signposted off the main road south of Costa Calma and has a big car park with level access onto the beach. It's not the most naturist-friendly location, more of a windsurfers corner, but a short walk away from the car park and you'd be fine.

When I was there a few months ago, I found it quite popular with textiles.  You need to walk some distance before it gets naturist-friendly.  There used to be more naturists there.

spirefolks

Thanks for the help. We tried Mal Nombre and had a lovely day. But where has the massive sand dune gone? I am sure there was a 50/60 foot dune on the left as you come into the car park, well it is best part of 20 years since I used to guide the beach barbecue there.
thanks