Touristic licence

Started by sunluvver, August 14, 2019, 15:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunluvver

Hi, I know there have been lots of threads about the new Spanish supreme court ruling re obtaining a VV licence & there are lots of agents/accountants etc offering the service to submit paperwork to actually get but is there anyone out there that has been successful?!!

fourthwisemonkey

Plenty of VV plates around.
Remember the Vivienda Vacacional paperwork is NOT a request for a licence etc. It is an actual declaration that you are undertaking the activity and have submitted the required paperwork (simple enough process).
As soon as the paperwork is registered with the cabildo (registro office) and you have the piece of paper with the reference number on it (presented to you when the paperwork is scanned in) You can commence the activity of renting for touristic purposes within the remit of the Vivienda Vacacional. At some point in the future you will get a certificate from the cabildo with the actual VV reference number on it which you then use to get the VV plate printed.
This was not fast a few years ago when onlt a few submitted paperwork (2 years ish from presentation to VV plate) so will be even longer now. However the plate is a formality....if the correct paperwork is presented to the cabildo along with the declaracion responsable de inicio de la actividad de explotacion de una vivienda vacacional (art. 13 del decreto 113/2015, de 22 de mayo) then you are legal.
You also have to then register the property with the Guardia Civil Hospederia and do the appropriate paperwork for each set of guests but that is a seperate law and not part of the VV.

sunluvver

So it seems I am going down the right road! I understand I am required to give guest details to the Guardia Civil...is this possible online & how do I obtain necessary forms etc?

The agency I have approached also offer annual accountancy ( I already use for non residents tax) but wondered if I could use my UK accountant & pay tax in the UK using the duel tax agreement so will check with HMRC.

I understand that as a married couple although we are not required to charge IGIC below a certain threshold we still need to register which is fine but I seem to be offered a package for accounting so trying to unravel the whole tax issue before I commit.

Are there any other criteria I need to think about? I have n energy certificate, smoke censors etc.

Thank you for the info, really appreciated...it is such a minefield when you just want to do it correctly & legally!

Stone Free

Quote from: sunluvver on August 14, 2019, 18:04:35 PM

I understand that as a married couple although we are not required to charge IGIC below a certain threshold we still need to register which is fine but I seem to be offered a package for accounting so trying to unravel the whole tax issue before I commit.

Can anyone confirm this.  I've been told that being married does not necessarily mean that you can be exempt from charging IGIC.

fourthwisemonkey

Speak to an accountant for exact figures but a married couple operating a VV (generally as joint 50/50 owners) basically would only have to charge igic once they hit the igic threshold (gross of about 21,000â,¬ i think).
The original ruling was that all jointly owned properties would have to charge igic but this was challenged in the courts a couple of years ago. However if you are already operating a business which is declaring igic then I think you will also have to charge igic on the rentals. Also if you were registered and paying igic anyway (before the court ruling)  you still have to continue paying/charging igic for about a 3 year period.
another tax anomoly as if you are not married you do have to pay igic (what is the actual difference? especially as you still submit your returns either joint or individually).

Stone Free

Quote from: fourthwisemonkey on October 30, 2019, 18:50:33 PM
Speak to an accountant for exact figures but a married couple operating a VV (generally as joint 50/50 owners) basically would only have to charge igic once they hit the igic threshold (gross of about 21,000â,¬ i think).
The original ruling was that all jointly owned properties would have to charge igic but this was challenged in the courts a couple of years ago. However if you are already operating a business which is declaring igic then I think you will also have to charge igic on the rentals. Also if you were registered and paying igic anyway (before the court ruling)  you still have to continue paying/charging igic for about a 3 year period.
another tax anomoly as if you are not married you do have to pay igic (what is the actual difference? especially as you still submit your returns either joint or individually).

Many thanks

keithtx

Hi All,
Have got a licence (incl online password etc) but not sure exactly what we required to do. I understand that we need to submit details of travellers which I think can be done online, and have to keep a registration book at the house, but all as clear as mud at the moment.

Anyone with a licence can tell me how they operate it please?

Thanks..Keith

fourthwisemonkey