house purchase

Started by yamxj, September 19, 2018, 10:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamxj

good morning people we are in the process of buying a house we thought we could complete this week but it turns out the current owners did,nt complete when they bought it they still owe the taxes our solicitor (beatriz alvarez martinez) says this can happen over here has anyone experienced anything like this also when should we transfer our money into our spanish account it now looks like it could be middle of oct and has anyone used beatriz before

Charlie dont surf

Beatriz is definitely Kosher. She's been around for years and is probably número uno Abogado for English Speaking clients. I've used her for purchase/sale/wills and have always had full confidence in her. As a bonus she is without doubt the best looking woman on the island so it's always a pleasure to sit in her office & look longingly into those dark Spanish eyes.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: yamxj on September 19, 2018, 10:10:02 AM
good morning people we are in the process of buying a house we thought we could complete this week but it turns out the current owners did,nt complete when they bought it they still owe the taxes our solicitor (beatriz alvarez martinez) says this can happen over here has anyone experienced anything like this also when should we transfer our money into our spanish account it now looks like it could be middle of oct and has anyone used beatriz before

We did not use Beatriz, but that sounds a little strange, it is my understanding there is a retention from the purchase price to cover this kind of eventuality. 

yamxj

thanks for that we are just off to see her now and yes i agree charlie

Lexeus

It doesn't surpise me at all, once a house purchase has been completed the buyer has 30days to go to the tax office and pay the ITP, they obviously forgot.

Although there is a retention of funds on a sale just in case the seller owes money to the government, it is not specifically for any one tax and it would be a risky business to rely on that.... more often than not the debts get put on the actual property and therefore I would imagine it's much more likely you would just find that you had ended up buying the house with the debit as well....

How long ago did the seller buy the house? Did they register the purchase in the land registry?

yamxj

ok we have just seen beatriz she is very confident this is not a problem but it is something to do with land registory and tax she said she will get everything sorted out i have also been speaking to some neighbours near the house who used beatriz they were very happy with her service

Wild Rover

We used Beatriz and you have nothing to worry about on that score.

beachlife

Your solicitor is doing her job. Debts can be carried over from a house or a car. If she had allowed the sale to go ahead you would have been liable to the debt, often people do not pay their community fees on the island and if the house is sold to another person the debt is passed on to the new owner. Good luck in your purchase and welcome to a whole new experience of how things are done compared to those you are used to.

Fred

Does anyone have an address and contact details for Beatriz.

Thanks Fred

beachlife

yamxj

she is very efficient she took us to notaria no sitting in the que a lot of people have told us how good she is and not bad to look at either

Charlie dont surf

She also has a good relationship with the Notaries in Puerto and I've seen them eating out of her hand. She's got the looks, the brain and the humour. I'd challenge any hetero man not to be bowled over by her charm.

yamxj

a quick update we still not managed to complete we were out in september when the estate agent said it was possible nothing happened we have just got back from a two week visit not much different beatriz waiting for some papers from land registery it could all happen next week my next question is what internet provider to use the bungalow is half way up chipmonk i am not sure if it has anything at the moment so could need complete set up doing

spitfire58

If you try “internet” in the search box you will come up with loads of info. There are always posts on here referring people to various services. HTH, cheers . . Ron

Johnrgby2

Quote from: yamxj on October 27, 2018, 11:29:28 AM
a quick update we still not managed to complete we were out in september when the estate agent said it was possible nothing happened we have just got back from a two week visit not much different beatriz waiting for some papers from land registery it could all happen next week my next question is what internet provider to use the bungalow is half way up chipmonk i am not sure if it has anything at the moment so could need complete set up doing

It depends,s  how far up you mean by Halfway up, and whether you are going to need it to watch TV, I have tried 4 different ones, and am about to change again, I have tried Movistar which was OK but rubbish at the weekends, Hablaya, which was virtually the same, a company that I cannot recall the name off, which was worse,Tiekom which gave us 4G, which was OK to start, but is now as more and more people switch to it is becoming unusable evenings and weekends. weekends

spitfire58

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on October 27, 2018, 13:21:40 PM
Quote from: yamxj on October 27, 2018, 11:29:28 AM

It depends,s  how far up you mean by Halfway up, and whether you are going to need it to watch TV, I have tried 4 different ones, and am about to change again, I have tried Movistar which was OK but rubbish at the weekends, Hablaya, which was virtually the same, a company that I cannot recall the name off, which was worse,Tiekom which gave us 4G, which was OK to start, but is now as more and more people switch to it is becoming unusable evenings and weekends. weekends

Ha ha, knew you would be on this John 😁😁 I think you must have tried most of them by now & be Caleta`s font of knowledge on rubbish internet providers.
I wonder how long it will take the island to catch up, lol. At the moment we are on the basic Virgin Media package in Scotland & get (on average) about 100mbts download, plus basic TV package, plus phone line for approx £40 per month !! Out there we get internet only (& not great, only 10mbts down) for roughly â,¬45 per month 🤣😂🤣😂

erik_tonny

As far as I am aware, all Brits use internet to stream TV.
So if you are in a predominantly british neighborhood you can blame your nextdoors for using up all the bandwidth

yamxj

thanks guys thats a good point about brit neighbours we are at vista golf 1 so not too far up i have been using canary net while staying at a friends house in costa antigua it was ok most of the time but not sure what reaches up the hill

Johnrgby2

Quote from: yamxj on October 27, 2018, 15:21:04 PM
thanks guys thats a good point about brit neighbours we are at vista golf 1 so not too far up i have been using canary net while staying at a friends house in costa antigua it was ok most of the time but not sure what reaches up the hill

Willie 5094 is on Vista Golf 10or 2 so not far from you, he uses Movistar and is a;;allegedly getting 12Mbps, having said that he has been complaining this week of outages, and was without the internet for 24 hours + this week, the company I am switching to has a mast on top of the hill and will install a receiver at our property, It is supposedly happening Wednesday next at 10 AM, they are virtually guaranteeing 6/12 Mbs constantly, I will report back on Thursday and then update after a week or two.

yamxj

thanks that will be good ,there were a couple of outages while we were there last week weather related i think i hope to be out again late next week with a bit of luck to collect our keys

spitfire58

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on October 27, 2018, 15:34:32 PM

Willie 5094 is on Vista Golf 10or 2 so not far from you, he uses Movistar and is a;;allegedly getting 12Mbps, having said that he has been complaining this week of outages, and was without the internet for 24 hours + this week, the company I am switching to has a mast on top of the hill and will install a receiver at our property, It is supposedly happening Wednesday next at 10 AM, they are virtually guaranteeing 6/12 Mbs constantly, I will report back on Thursday and then update after a week or two.

What`s the name of the company John ??

Johnrgby2

Quote from: spitfire58 on October 27, 2018, 16:36:14 PM

The name escapes me, but it is the one you use, I have Emails where I quoted you on it being slow on times, and a reply assuring me that, that was not usual, we will see but cannot be worse then my current provider unusable yesterday and 2 Mbps this morning for 58â,¬ a month.

Mr G

We use Fuerte WiFi, in the Montecastillo centre.
10 mb/sec for â,¬47 a month. They can install a receiver and wi fi router if necessary. No contract, pay only when you are here.
Watched the BBC all night last night, no problems.
Would recommend them, using Getflix to use UK iPlayers and live BBC on a Smart TV.
Works well.

spitfire58

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on October 29, 2018, 08:38:23 AM
Quote from: spitfire58 on October 27, 2018, 16:36:14 PM

The name escapes me, but it is the one you use, I have Emails where I quoted you on it being slow on times, and a reply assuring me that, that was not usual, we will see but cannot be worse then my current provider unusable yesterday and 2 Mbps this morning for 58â,¬ a month.

Cool. That is Net Services then. Rang a bell when you said an antenna on the roof. I thought they were just rural tbh !!
Last time we were out it was a bit more stable so maybe getting better. It still comes down to how many are using in the evenings though until they upgrade their servers & I imagine they will get every last mgbt out before they invest that kind of money 🤣😂🤣😂

jimbews

Quote from: Mr G on October 29, 2018, 09:03:09 AM
10 mb/sec for â,¬47 a month. They can install a receiver and wi fi router if necessary. No contract, pay only when you are here.
Would recommend them, using Getflix to use UK iPlayers and live BBC on a Smart TV.
Works well.

We use them as well.  Don't go for their Mag (informix) TV box.  Keeps freezing. Watching BBC1 tonight kept freezing then showing parts of BBC2, then back to BBC1. Had originally gone for their 4Mb service, then moved to 10Mb assuming 4Mb was too slow.  NO DIFFERENCE.
Tried SmartDNS to watch BBC iPlayer last night. Worked great for a while then stopped. Seems like the Fuertewifi had decided to change our IP address. That meant logging back onto SmartDNS to reconfigure. Not for the fainthearted/novice!
BUT, did have houseful of guests using YouTube etc. No real complaints, so reckon it's their TV service that is not fit for purpose.

yamxj

very informative thanks guys i was hoping for a pay as you go system because at the moment we wont be there all the time so rather not pay 40 or 50 euro a month when we are not using it i did enquire at canary net but he advised a phone line and movistar

spitfire58

Quote from: jimbews on October 29, 2018, 20:26:20 PM
Works well.

We use them as well.  Don't go for their Mag (informix) TV box.  Keeps freezing. Watching BBC1 tonight kept freezing then showing parts of BBC2, then back to BBC1. Had originally gone for their 4Mb service, then moved to 10Mb assuming 4Mb was too slow.  NO DIFFERENCE.
Tried SmartDNS to watch BBC iPlayer last night. Worked great for a while then stopped. Seems like the Fuertewifi had decided to change our IP address. That meant logging back onto SmartDNS to reconfigure. Not for the fainthearted/novice!
BUT, did have houseful of guests using YouTube etc. No real complaints, so reckon it's their TV service that is not fit for purpose.

When we first got Net Service we were on 4mb & in the evening it was down to some point silly something below 1mb so upped it to 10mb & it has made a difference, now the lowest it usually gets is between 2 & 3mb. We use Apple TV boxes (with their TV Player), not the best as it has its own foibles but mostly runs without buffering with Getflix on the router & Netflix & ITV player on the Apple boxes we do ok now. My wife can get her soap & Housewifes of this that & the next thing so I get to breath easier, lol

yamxj

i like the sound of that life is easier when her who must be obeyed is happy

spitfire58

Quote from: yamxj on October 29, 2018, 22:23:53 PM
i like the sound of that life is easier when her who must be obeyed is happy

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 you have got that one right yamxj

Johnrgby2

Quote from: spitfire58 on October 29, 2018, 20:38:56 PM
Quote from: jimbews on October 29, 2018, 20:26:20 PM
Works well.

When we first got Net Service we were on 4mb & in the evening it was down to some point silly something below 1mb so upped it to 10mb & it has made a difference, now the lowest it usually gets is between 2 & 3mb. We use Apple TV boxes (with their TV Player), not the best as it has its own foibles but mostly runs without buffering with Getflix on the router & Netflix & ITV player on the Apple boxes we do ok now. My wife can get her soap & Housewifes of this that & the next thing so I get to breath easier, lol

All we need is 2/3 Mbps, we will be paying for up to 12Mbps, so hopefully this will solve it, I use a Mag box and pay â,¬20 per month which gives us all Uk TV terrestrial channels, all the Sky channels plus some, masses of box sets catch up TV series and films, so it is more than we need, and I am sure he will switch it off when you are not here.