Anti-slip spray.

Started by cockney, March 17, 2018, 16:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cockney

There is a spray available in the UK that improves the anti-slip quality of ceramic floor tiles. Has anybody seen it for sale here? The finish is similar to Sandex wall paint.

spitfire58

I have a product that is a great non slip coating for tiles. We use it in commercial applications.Think it`s only available in 5 litre bottles though. What area do you need to cover

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Hi Spitfire, is it ok for use outdoors, ie on the tiles around a pool?

spitfire58

Hi Tamara, yep. Works in or out. . Cheers . . Ron

cockney

Quote from: spitfire58 on March 17, 2018, 17:11:12 PM
I have a product that is a great non slip coating for tiles. We use it in commercial applications.Think it`s only available in 5 litre bottles though. What area do you need to cover

A small wet room about 2Mtrs x 2Mtrs.

spitfire58

Hi cockney,
I can check & see if available in smaller quantities. I would think one litre would be enough for that, cheers . . Ron

cockney

Hi spitfire what is the cost of 5 ltrs and is it available on the island?

spitfire58

Hi cockney, haven't been able to speak to the supplier yet, he has been off work I'll. it's not available on the island. Would have to be sent over with Woodside Cargo, cheers . . Ron

cockney

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on March 17, 2018, 23:22:39 PM
Hi Spitfire, is it ok for use outdoors, ie on the tiles around a pool?

Hi Tamara, I have sent you a PM.

cockney

Hi Ron,

I have found a source of a product that when mixed with any paint or varnish it creates a non-slip finish. It is made by isaval who have a unit on the industrial estate next to Mercadona on the coast road. I have sent the details to Tamara who also showed an interest in this.

spitfire58

That`s great cockney. Give us an update when you have used it please 😁😁