Las Gaviotas Restaurant + Map

Started by Super Simon Garner, August 20, 2013, 21:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Simon Garner

Is this place still there and open ???

[map]?=28.730598586347003,%20-13.858063369989395=16=Las Gaviotas=roadmap[/map]

gillgooding

Its still open but under new manager/ owner (not sure which) Corky who a lot of Forum people will know from surfing or other bars in town.  Was over Jun/July and they were really working hard to improve all areas of the bar. Definitely worth a visit.

valaverde

We had a drink there last night, lovely comfy chairs and good service.
I didn't look at the food menu, so can't comment on that, but a nice place to chill out.

Can the Man

Where is it  ???, sounds like an interesting place ;)

gillgooding

It is on the Avenida Grandes Playa just down from the 5* Bahia Real Hotel, near some small car hire offices.  Can also be accessed from the walkway by the beach/coast, have some very comfortable sun beds with mattresses, seating areas by a pool with glorious sea views to Lobos and Lanzarote.  There is a block of apartments all on the same site.  Will try and remember what they are called, something like Las Gaviotas.

zedzedeleven

Quote from: gillgooding on August 22, 2013, 18:21:08 PM
It is on the Avenida Grandes Playa just down from the 5* Bahia Real Hotel, near some small car hire offices.  Can also be accessed from the walkway by the beach/coast, have some very comfortable sun beds with mattresses, seating areas by a pool with glorious sea views to Lobos and Lanzarote.  There is a block of apartments all on the same site.  Will try and remember what they are called, something like Las Gaviotas.
Could be Mar Adentro Gill, or so it says on the Boards windsurfing forum.
Mentor to the boneheads.

gillgooding

Hi ZZ, hope you are well.  Why have admin moved this post ? Think the name you mention are a company that have an office on the site that might be taking the complex over.  We did a deal with a man in there to rent an apartment for a few hours as we had to be out of our accommodation quite early and had a late flight back and wanted somewhere to leave the luggage, have a drink etc.  Had an upstairs 1 bedroom apartment with a great view from the balcony.  They seemed to be trying to spruce up the apartments mainly with a tin of blue gloss paint and a brush.  They were very "tired" and basic and were OK for a few hours but glad we weren't staying there. They used to be called Gaviotas and reviews on several sites are terrible so lets hope they are going to improve under new management and Corky's Bar does well.

zedzedeleven

Hi Gill, ah, so it is La Gaviotas then. I have looked at them as a possibility a few times but decided they were a bit too far out. I hope Martin makes a go of it, he has certainly moved around a lot. (a bit like stuff on here but best not say too much !) it looks like an ideal spot for breakfast, I will be at the Maxorata again so a nice stroll up the avenida in the morning sun. Less than a fortnight away now. It`s going to be a very early start as the flight is 06:15 from Speke so that means getting up about 02:00 ! Should be there about half ten, just hope it isn`t too early for Cicar, the last three times I have arrived to be told that there were no cars available and had to wait half an hour. Not a big problem just sitting there watching the world go by but not good for a premium price hire car company.
Mentor to the boneheads.

gillgooding

At least there shouldn't be much traffic at that time in the morning and if everything on time you should get a decent 1st day in the sunshine.  Have tried to send you a private message.  Have a great holiday.