illegal occupation of property

Started by gianni, May 10, 2018, 15:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gianni

Dear friends today I received a very bad news. My apartment in puerto del rosario has been occupied illegally. They broke in from the mai door and change the lock. The police was there but they can't do nothing.
Is there anyone who has had the same experience and how did he solve it?
gianniboni@msn.com
  Thank you for your help.
  Gianni

emmi

Hi,sorry to hear about this.  I am unable to advise you, but there is a FaceBook page called Fuerte Crimewatch where members may be able to   give you some advice. Someone on there had same situation with squatters last year. Good luck.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/fuertecrimewatch/

Can the Man

Quote from: gianni on May 10, 2018, 15:55:45 PM
Dear friends today I received a very bad news. My apartment in puerto del rosario has been occupied illegally. They broke in from the mai door and change the lock. The police was there but they can't do nothing.
gianniboni@msn.com
  Thank you for your help.
  Gianni

Very sorry to hear about your troubles, I`m afraid from what I have heard of Spanish laws, the perpetrators have the law on their side. You could try not paying your water and electricity to get them cut off at least. And then find a few heavies to Nagle in and start squatting with the squatters, thus forcing them out.

spitfire58

Quote from: Can the Man on May 14, 2018, 22:23:57 PM
Quote from: gianni on May 10, 2018, 15:55:45 PM
gianniboni@msn.com
  Thank you for your help.
  Gianni

Very sorry to hear about your troubles, I`m afraid from what I have heard of Spanish laws, the perpetrators have the law on their side. You could try not paying your water and electricity to get them cut off at least. And then find a few heavies to Nagle in and start squatting with the squatters, thus forcing them out.

Was there not a post on here some months ago from “someone” (can`t remember who) that said they knew someone or a group of people who would “persuade” squatters to leave. If you haven`t any support from the law then, maybe !!!

gianni

Hi Guys thanks for your help. At the moment, after almost a week, nobody know what to do and how help me, no the building administrator, no his lawyer. I contacted puerto del rosario council more than one time but they never reply back. I contacted radio onda fuerteventura but even there nobody know how help me. So nobody remember how to contact the Squatters Persuaders Group? Thank you all.
Gianni

jill tie

This happened to me in Caleta a few years ago.   They just stopped paying rent and wouldn't leave.  A lady I knew
went to see them and explained I would be on the next plane,  she also implied I was quite a big guy.  It worked
and they left before I got there.  It caused me to look at different ways.  The law is in their favour you cannot turn
the water off.   But you can stop paying the bill and the water board will turn it off.  May take a couple of months but cheaper
and quicker than through the courts.  Also if they work can you not appeal to their employer?   One of the guys in our place
worked at the Barcelo.  The lady who called in to see them at our place in Caleta also implied I was going to see his employer.
Horrible situation hope it works out for you.