Lin's Cafe + Map

Started by Paddster, July 28, 2013, 13:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddster

Just wanted to put an unbiased honest opinion on here which Admin has asked us all to do.I love this place,a very hard working couple who serve great food and are very pleasant to all and sundry...We've been to Caleta at least 9 times and have eaten here every year(we usually dine here first night and say our hello's as they always remember us)and eat there on our last night too....There's some good offers on the menu sometimes and i just love the place...... ;D ;D

[map]?=28.397299193628655,%20-13.860446512699127=17=Lin's Cafe=roadmap[/map]

strada

Got to agree with paddster good food and not a bad price.
We usually stick with where we know the food is good.
On our previous visits we usually ate at the wild west,we tried it twice in June and things seem to have changed,we waited 40 mins for our breakfast,when it arrived it was cold  :'( we were the only ones in the restaurant at the time.
Tried linns and the food was great,staff very friendly,nothing was to much trouble.The young girl there Beth had her birthday and even saved our daughter a piece of her cake for when we arrived in the evening.
Linns -- Top class  :D

fatherted

Got to agree.Service with a smile,food good and the price is right.

Devonia57

Just back from a two week stay, must agree we dined there three times and they do a pretty good jug of Sangria. Made up from a secret recipe a splash from several bottles on the top shelf

dagwood

I agree first class.

ashworth

Sounds good never been but must give it a try.

Can the Man

Tried it a few times, meals were satisfactory

HelenR

Had breakfast here a few times, great food and service  ;D

Paddster

[color=brownLove the place - go first night we're there and last night we're there every year  ;D ;D[/color]

Harlequin

We always go to Lin's when we are out, good food at reasonable prices.

Paddster

Went there on our first night and went there last night on our last evening on the Rock - superb hard working family business and not one bad meal in there EVER.......

Paddster

Ate here again this year and never had a bad meal - have realised it's not the cheapest of all places but the service is good with a friendly smile and great food,i do enjoy eating here......Recommended along with The Cave which is unbelievable value....

dustypink

Just got back

first night went here more for the WIFI than anything ..asked for the half chicken none left ( this was 19.00hrs)
was served a chicken breast and a tiny salad on the side when I asked for extra salad intsead of chips

Yesterrday I went and had breakfast, no wifi working but luckily I was hooked up to a place near by, asked for 2 eggs 1 sausage and one bacon as I didnt want the set breakfast for 2.90 as I was trying to keep on my diet..set breakfast was 2 eggs 1 bacon 1 sausage hash browns coffee or tea beans and toast...

You would think my breakfast would be 2.90 no it was 5.96 because they had to charge me individually...service slow miserable faces, bought me wite cofee when I asked for black.

mikenyvonne

Also went for the WiFi and for the fact that it is the first place in the centre from the underpass side (not including the Windmill). Having said that, the breakfasts were very good and very competitively priced. The staff were fine. Didn't eat here in the evening though.

Dean05

Totally overrated . Greasy burgers , bad service . Rude staff

Gavo01

Best cafe bar in Caleta.

The owners, Lin and Ping, work tirelessly all day to provide an excellent service and atmosphere and make us feel very welcome every time we visit.

The food is very good, my family and I have not had a bad meal in all the numerous times we have frequented there.

HelenR

Had a few drinks in here one afternoon whilst killing time before going the airport, good WiFi connection, reasonably priced, couldn't do enough for us  ;D

HelenR

Had brekkie here a lot, always good, decent wifi, do a good cup of tea

charlatanefc

Had breakfast in here yesterday, was fantastic.  Good quality food, well cooked, not greasy and for only 2.90.  Bargain.  Best breakfast have had out anywhere