La Pared - Bahia restaurant

Started by SoCal, April 11, 2014, 13:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal

Location: La Pared. After entering the main road toward the town, turn right toward the golf course and then the first left toward the coast. It is at the end of the narrow road. Nothing else is around.
Atmosphere: An unobstructed view of the wild west coast and probably has a great view of the sunset. A large open area dinning area with lots of outside plastic dinning tables. (Okay, the splash pool for kids is unusually, but it didn't detract from my experience.)

Food: If you like fish, this is it. Fish is basically all they have. A list of 25+ types of fish at around 15 euros for the meal. I let my server choose a local Canarian fish which I foolishly forgot to record. It was excellent, best I have had on the island, one of the best ever. Very, very fresh. Meaty, but light and certainly plentiful. Cooked with garlic. More than enough for a complete meal. The fish soup appetizer is also very good: light, but flavorful with fish, rice and mint. Wine is very reasonably priced.
Service: granted it was 3 pm and few tables were filled, but I felt the server was attentive but not intrusive. He seemed generally interested in helping me select a good fish to try.

Because of the excellent and interesting food, a delightful view and fine service, Bhaia was a great experience. I may make an extra trip down while I have the car just to try a different selection.  I'm actually surprised this place hasn't been listed on the forum. When I visited Fuerteventura in 2009, I stayed at a nice hotel in Costa Calma. When I asked the hotel manager about the best place to eat in Costa Calma, Bahia was his suggestion. For this trip, it was better than I remember.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

SoCal

Tried fish all around the island and while I'm a big fan of Torino's bar for prawns and squid, the best place for fish is still Bahia.  For me, it is worth the hours plus drive. Or at least it is the reward after a good 3 hour hike. After multiple visits, I have thrilled with the fish offering.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

RVEEE

There's a reason why Bahia Pared is busy on the weekends with locals - it's excellent. Whole families spending a Sunday afternoon, the kids are always well behaved after burning their energy in the pool. And if you don't want to see the pool, just sit on the other side of the building, inside or out.

You can never ignore the place where the locals go.