Car dashcam on Fuerteventura

Started by beachlife, May 14, 2018, 17:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beachlife

Due to the driving experiences on the island and the standard of driving I see everyday, I`m considering getting a dash cam. We already had a bad experience with someone coming down a 1 way street the wrong way at a rate of knots.

I`ve read up that it is legal in Spain, but you can`t video police offices and security etc. Also the camera has to be only functioning when the engine is on etc etc.

However Fuerte is Fuerte and I was wondering if anyone has had experiences with using a dash cam on the rock. Especially have they been stopped when using a dash cam and had any experience with the Guardia Civil regarding the camera. As know its not really wise arguing the point with the GC,so if people had bad experiences would probably not bother.

zedzedeleven

<Did you know you`re dash cam may also be used against you. But then your another always right merchant.>
As a few motorcyclists have found out, but on balance they can provide evidence to your benefit. I`m thinking of getting one ,  interested in what other motorists think about them, i.e. front and rear view, quality of image, data storage and price.
Mentor to the boneheads.

beachlife

As a few motorcyclists have found out, but on balance they can provide evidence to your benefit. I`m thinking of getting one ,  interested in what other motorists think about them, i.e. front and rear view, quality of image, data storage and price.
[/quote]

I found ebay and amazon were the best places to look for a dash cam. Read reviews on Amazon even if you buy on ebay. Be careful when ordering micro card as make sure its a class 10 card as some cards don`t work. 32 gb card will give about 10 -12 hours recording and they all tend to loop over previous recording after that time. You can buy smaller card but stick to well known brands as some people reported cards failing to record.

zedzedeleven

Quote from: beachlife on May 15, 2018, 13:07:19 PM

I found ebay and amazon were the best places to look for a dash cam. Read reviews on Amazon even if you buy on ebay. Be careful when ordering micro card as make sure its a class 10 card as some cards don`t work. 32 gb card will give about 10 -12 hours recording and they all tend to loop over previous recording after that time. You can buy smaller card but stick to well known brands as some people reported cards failing to record.
[/quote]
Thanks for the info Beachlife
Mentor to the boneheads.