722 something (Fuerteventura or Gradi, I never figured out)

Started by SoCal, May 01, 2014, 22:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal

Location: at the roundabout on the east side of Lajares, go north toward Majanicho. It is the first place on the left.

Atmosphere: Very new, very modern. Exterior includes a gravel/lava rock garden and a steel sculpture of a humanoid, or maybe a robot. Also includes "stone circles" with tables and piped in music. The interior contains both a very small seating area and a large semi outdoor patio area that is covered by strips of canvas that can be removed. However, the flexible canvas also flaps like crazy in the wind and was a bit annoying. The chairs and table are teak, like those at Mare Alta tapas bar in Cotillo and the chairs are wide, exceedingly comfortable with a cushion and have a slanted back. Hands down, the single most comfortable table I have sat at on the island.  My view was to the hills south of Lajares which was very nice. However, the music was French and unrecognizable Caribbean reggae music which I felt contained too heavy a beat for lunch.  You may feel differently.

Food: (Lunch experience only) The salad of lettuce, cherry tomatoes and caned slices or oranges was quite fresh and tasty and included 4 prawns/medium shrimp. At 8 euros, it was overpriced.   The beef was nothing special and I kicked myself now for ordering it. I misinterpreted the menu and thought it might be competition to the heavenly beef in cream sauce at Casa Rustica in Cotillo. It was not. It was simply mediocre steak grilled, over salted, and  laid on a bed of peeled potatoes with a salad.  I liked the potatoes more than the beef. At 13 euros, it was overpriced.

Service: there were only 3-4 people eating while I was there and I still felt the service was slow. She was friendly and the cook was nice to tell me I did not need to lock my bike. But that was the highlight.

Overall: Great atmosphere for the interior of the island, but completely nothing special food and one of the few times I felt I threw money away. Wine and water were overpriced.  This place comes with high recommendations from an ex-pat Londoner who has lived in Cotillo for 9 years and seems to have similar taste to mine.  I'm wondering, given the more interesting looking menu, dinner might be the only viable option because I cannot recommend this place for lunch. 
Biking and beaches - total freedom

SoCal

I can not explain, but on my website interface, my review has been removed. Interesting.
Biking and beaches - total freedom