Thinking of making the move to Fuerteventura

Started by thinkingoffuerte2018, March 19, 2018, 11:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinkingoffuerte2018

Hello
We are new to this forum and are looking for some help, we have decided that we are going to make move to Fuerteventura and would like to know who we can contact in regards to a long term rental
or if anyone can if us a rough guide in to rental prices for 2 bed detached villa in Corralejo and surrounding area.
Many thanks in advance.

dagwood

You may find it difficult to get a long term rental as Fuerteventura like a lot of holiday destinations that are away from trouble spots, is enjoying somewhat of a boom at the moment.
This has the effect of increasing the holiday one/two week prices to a new high and therefore a lot of owners are not interested in long term. They can charge more for a week than they would receive for a month.  Don`t forget extra buisness bring extra jobs and these workers have snapped up most of the long term rental properties.
Sorry I`m not more positive.
Best of luck anyway but may not end up where you might like to be
PS welcome to the forum.

Logitechtom

I agree with what Dagwood has said. Long term let's are in short supply right now, particularly if you want a resort location such as Corralejo. However, contact Martin Bliss at Bliss Properties   http://www.bliss-properties.com
martin@bliss-properties.com

He will be happy to advise you where is the best place to look.

Tom.

dagwood

I didn`t think properties were that scarce either to Buy or rent. I stand by what I said but there`s less of a choice than I even thought.

thinkingoffuerte2018

Thanks everyone for your replies, We are open to options of the best areas to move to (we just know the Corralejo area) we woud like to be around other expats and somewhere that is family oriented as we have a young child under 3, not so much right in the thick of everything but with easy access to supermarkets etc as we will not be driving.
Thank you for the details I will contact Martin @ Bliss

dagwood

Have a good look around as there are lots of places with English speaking people and have a good look at Caleta. It`s only minutes from the air port and a nice area.

Tamkid

I was Owners Direct a few weeks ago and there seemed to be quite a lot of available property for rent in the North of the Island, some of the owners state they will consider Long Term Rental, maybe worth having a look. If your looking for an ex pat community then Tamaragua  might be worth considering. I would never advise getting to mixed up with ex pats, you finish up like this lot on the Forum, bunch of moaning misery guts, most a plonkies, and the weather during the winter is not what it used to be, happy hunting.

fatherted

Quote from: dagwood on March 19, 2018, 11:44:46 AM
You may find it difficult to get a long term rental as Fuerteventura like a lot of holiday destinations that are away from trouble spots, is enjoying somewhat of a boom at the moment.
This has the effect of increasing the holiday one/two week prices to a new high and therefore a lot of owners are not interested in long term. They can charge more for a week than they would receive for a month.  Don`t forget extra buisness bring extra jobs and these workers have snapped up most of the long term rental properties.
Sorry I`m not more positive.
Best of luck anyway but may not end up where you might like to be
PS welcome to the forum.

Your spot on Dagwood. As far as Caleta is concerned some owners/agents are asking double what we paid in 2015 and have the "take it or leave it" attitude. I know of at least 5 couples who have been doing long stay for quite a few years and will not be re-booking for next winter. There's also properties that are being advertised for sale and but also available to rent with the condition (unless sold), leaving the scenario;- flights booked,cases packed etc only to be messaged at the last minute the property has just been sold.

dagwood

Yes fatherted but not only are they asking for more but they`re getting it.

Ivemovedon

All this depends on the property itself. If it's the right one for somebody and they want it they will pay a decent price. I talk from experience. We waited 3 years with the attitude that we were not bothered if we sold or not. Took a while but they came..and they happily paid the money. I think it was way above what was then the going rate.