Europe`s favourite Airline.

Started by dagwood, June 20, 2018, 13:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagwood

Ryanair has today welcomed confirmation from IATA that it remains Europe's favourite airline.

The Irish carrier transported more customers than any other European airline, and had the most international customers.

According to the World Airline Transport Statistics, Ryanair carried over 128 million customers in 2017, compared with Easyjet at 77 million, Lufthansa at 60 million and British Airways at 44 million.

Ryanair`s Kenny Jacobs said: IATA has once again confirmed that Ryanair remains Europe`s favourite airline and this report demonstrates that European consumers want the lowest fares and widest choice of routes.

"This year, we will carry 139 million customers, while continuing to lower fares and grow our route network across Europe."

Johnrgby2

Quote from: dagwood on June 20, 2018, 13:02:22 PM
Ryanair has today welcomed confirmation from IATA that it remains Europe's favourite airline.

The Irish carrier transported more customers than any other European airline, and had the most international customers.

According to the World Airline Transport Statistics, Ryanair carried over 128 million customers in 2017, compared with Easyjet at 77 million, Lufthansa at 60 million and British Airways at 44 million.

Ryanair`s Kenny Jacobs said: “IATA has once again confirmed that Ryanair remains Europe`s favourite airline and this report demonstrates that European consumers want the lowest fares and widest choice of routes.

"This year, we will carry 139 million customers, while continuing to lower fares and grow our route network across Europe."

Dagwood,

Surely Europes most used Airline is closer to the truth, not Europes favourite, but then I suppose it is how you define favourite!

dagwood

Well 128,000,000 people used them in what was a very difficult year for both passengers and Ryanair, and still came back for the prices and service. They must be on a lot of peoples favourites list.
That`s almost twice the total population of the U.K. or France. A lot of people on the move.

beachlife

Well I use RA all the time to get to Fuerteventura because my favourite airline Singapore airlines does not fly to Fuerteventura.

For a trip to fuerteventura from UK my first consideration is airport, date, price, time of flight and airline. Due to my location RA happens to meet this most often because their hubs happen to be closer to me than others so by default on my other criteria they meet my requirement for a "bus service" which is what they supply. If I was to compare the LOCO airlines my favourite would be Jet 2 but they don`t tick all the boxes for me for my criteria for choosing my " bus" journey to the rock.

beachlife

Quote from: dagwood on June 20, 2018, 15:47:06 PM
Like myself Beachlife both of us are one in 128,000,000.
Btw my favourite airline would be Quantas. They don`t stop off in Fuerteventura either. Like BA they`re another success story since an Irish man took charge.

Have flown Qantas before but never again. Fish meal stank the plane out. Flight attendants so laid back that you rarely see them. Go with Singapore Airways and see how to run an air company.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: beachlife on June 21, 2018, 10:04:25 AM
Quote from: dagwood on June 20, 2018, 15:47:06 PM
Like myself Beachlife both of us are one in 128,000,000.
Btw my favourite airline would be Quantas. They don`t stop off in Fuerteventura either. Like BA they`re another success story since an Irish man took charge.

Have flown Qantas before but never again. Fish meal stank the plane out. Flight attendants so laid back that you rarely see them. Go with Singapore Airways and see how to run an air company.

Could not agree more

beachlife

Quote from: dagwood on June 21, 2018, 14:39:56 PM
Was that before 28/11/2008 when Alan Joyce took over?
Or maybe before he put his foot down.

Your view of the world seems to be based on only anything with an Irish connection is good. I couldn`t give a Castlemaine 4 x who runs a company whether it is a Brit, European or Martian if it supplies a good service then it should be supported. I wonder if you have actually flown Qantas or just basing your view on the fact that the CEO is Irish.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/qantas.html

beachlife

Quote from: dagwood on June 21, 2018, 22:16:30 PM
How would you have any idea of how I make judgments on anything and you have some neck to pass such stupid comments.
Qantas airlines have an excellent safety record and the only problems they had was when they were ferrying allied troops about in Ww2. If you look at the airline rating sites you will see that there is only .25 of one point separating them from Singapore airlines who`s also a fantastic airline.
They (Singapore Airlines) had a serious incident in 2000 when a 747 belonging to them attempted to take off on the wrong runway in Taiwan and crashed into construction equipment. Unfortunately I believe about 80 people died and many were injured.

My opinion is based on what you post. You always seem to look at things through green tinged glasses. But why do you get so touchy when someone differs from your view? I`m not a qualified arbiter on stupid comments, but as you seem to be maybe you need to look closer to home.

Discussion was on favourite airline. Every airline has had safety incidents. Qantas are just as safe as most of the other large companies but not as perfect as they like to claim.

I`m a regular long haul flyer and have spoken to many other regular fliers and from my experience most share similar views on rankings of air companies, but like anything its based on personal experiences on flights you have been on yourself. Quality of experience in the cabin on long haul, as you will know as you have obviously flown long haul so much is of upmost importance. For me Singapore provide that although others like EVA air come close. I`m glad you have had good experiences on the numerous flights with Qantas you have had, I and others I have talked to have obviously been unlucky.

Lexeus

Qantas, Heathrow to Australia on an A380 has been my best flight experience ever, but also the highest price. I particularly like the buffet area, so when the stewardesses were all hiding having a chat I could get my own cup of tea :)

Singapore Airlines to Singapore on a really old dirty worn out A380 was certainly not memorable as a great flight, although the stewardesses were certainly polite.

beachlife

Quote from: Lexeus on June 22, 2018, 17:32:30 PM
Qantas, Heathrow to Australia on an A380 has been my best flight experience ever, but also the highest price. I particularly like the buffet area, so when the stewardesses were all hiding having a chat I could get my own cup of tea :)

Singapore Airlines to Singapore on a really old dirty worn out A380 was certainly not memorable as a great flight, although the stewardesses were certainly polite.

Just goes to show that every body bases their opinion on their own experience. All air companies have a spread of ages for planes both Qantas and Singapore have A380`s in their fleet (average age 6.9yrs) Singapore has 18 and Qantas has 12 (average age 8.7) both I image are gradually fazing them out. You could just have easily been on an older A380 on Qantas. Interesting the new fleet on Singapore are A350 with 21 of them in the fleet average age is 1.2 years while Qantas has 28 A330`s with an average of 11.3 years. So statistically you are more likely to get on a younger plane with Singapore than Qantas. Looks like you had bad luck. Qantas average of fleet is 9.7 years while Singapore is 8.1 years.

If you go on a number of flights you do notice how often each air company is improving their air fleet. What is always out standing on Singapore is that the Flights attendants always go that little further to make things a better experience and always seem to do it with a smile. Personally I don`t know how they do it with some of the obnoxious passengers they sometimes have to put up with.

Lexeus

Quote from: vivafuerte on July 05, 2018, 16:23:44 PM
Quote from: Lexeus on June 22, 2018, 17:32:30 PM
Qantas, Heathrow to Australia on an A380 has been my best flight experience ever.

i did a380 to dubai a couple of years ago and it was really bad with turbulence, understand the plane doesnt make the turbulence but it was quite wobbly all the way home.

one of my clients private jets on the other hand 18 seater converted to 9 seats, been on it loads of times and its buttery smooth with no turbulence every time, although the pilot told me this was because they fly arou nd it, commercial flights fly through it to save fuel.

i seen ryanair staff are striking again all over europe. lol

A huge A380 is always going to fly as direct as possible because compared to private jet it's going to cost way more in fuel to go around turbulence, but if a small private jet didn't go around some turbulence it would perhaps even damage the plane