Car hire in Caleta

Started by JoanC, May 28, 2017, 07:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanC

Hi. I'm hoping to hire a car for three weeks in July and August but don't want to collect from the airport so I'm looking for a company that will allow me to collect and return in Caleta. The only one I can find is Cabrera medina. Does anyone have any experience of using these, or know of any others that I can collect in Caleta?  Thanks

spitfire58

There are a few car hire offices in Caleta. Can't remember their names but I do remember seeing probably three or four

bedouin

Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper to hire from PlusCar, etc, at the airport?

Johnrgby2

Quote from: JoanC on May 28, 2017, 07:12:13 AM
Hi. I'm hoping to hire a car for three weeks in July and August but don't want to collect from the airport so I'm looking for a company that will allow me to collect and return in Caleta. The only one I can find is Cabrera medina. Does anyone have any experience of using these, or know of any others that I can collect in Caleta?  Thanks

I do not know how well you know Caleta? but there is a Cicar office down past Caleta gardens, a Hertz in the White Centre opposite The China Shop and an Orlando opposite Fado Rock. and there are i believe a few others.

Can the Man

There are some other small ones that don't have websites like Victor, Elizabeth  car hire.

WRT Cabrerra Medina, these are part of the same group as CICars, I think you will find it's the same office, I would recommend these or CI Car but not the others. I can't understand why you would not rent from the airport, much more convenient

JoanC

Thanks very much, I've hired from a small local firm for one day before but they tend to be expensive when it's for the whole three weeks so I was looking for an alternative. I'm not keen on collecting from the airport because after travelling I just want to jump in a taxi rather than waiting around to collect the car (I understand it can sometimes take hours), plus I would prefer to get my confidence in the car when I'm not tired after the journey. Thanks for all your advice, I'll probably go with Cabrera medina (didn't realise they were the same as cicar).

bedouin

Quote from: JoanC on May 29, 2017, 05:00:07 AM
I'm not keen on collecting from the airport because after travelling I just want to jump in a taxi rather than waiting around to collect the car (I understand it can sometimes take hours),

With PlusCar, you simply walk out of the terminal, cross the road to the car park, go to a designated numbered space, and your car is there waiting for you, with a PlusCar rep to sort the paperwork for you in minutes. You can typically be on the road within 10 minutes of collecting your baggage.  On your return, you simply park the car in roughly the same place, leave the keys under the mat, and walk into the terminal.  No excess payments, no high-cost insurance scams, no need to inspect the car, no fuel scams.  I had a Peugeot 208 on hire from them this month, 150 euros for 12 days, doesn't get much cheaper or easier.

paully

I too had a Peugeot 208 on hire from this lot, last month. Sadly not a good experience. I asked the rep, who to be fair did turn up on time, to show me the reflective jackets and breakdown triangle. He told me their cars arn`t equipped with them as it is not a requirement of Spanish law  :o..a complete lie of course

The car itself was supplied with the rear wiper assembly completely missing. Their whole approach is somewhat cavalier, both to the law and maintenance. I won`t be using them again, back to Cabrera Medina
I HATE computer thingyss

DaveW

We usually hire a car for the first and last weeks of our visits. We use CICAR, pick it up on arrival from the airport and return it to the Caleta office and do the opposite for the last week.