Nestor's Restaurant + Map

Started by Can the Man, July 29, 2013, 14:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can the Man

What can you say or not say about Nestors.

We have been eating at Nestors about 3-4 times a year, bascially every time we visit.

We know Nestor, Emma and Susie so well now they are like extensions to our family.

The food is second to none, in my opinion best restruarnt on the island  :)

His sea food sauce is devine, so much so, I order it to have with a steak. It is creamy, full of prawns, mussels, crab and other stuff he wont tell me whats in it, its his Mama's recipie.

Steaks cooked to order and to perfection, even when he sends you out seconds he remembers how you like it.

You will never be hungry leaving Nestors, in fact the only negative is that he gives you to much food to eat. :(
So much so if you had a starter, and then a main, forget about desert you won't be able to eat it.  :(

Anybody wanting to try Nestors, please be aware it is very popular, especially with returning regulars like me so you do need to make a reservation.

The telephone number is +34 648 895 811 or +34 699 219 510

Enjoy   ;D 8) ;D 8) ;D 8)

[map]?=28.400187135110563,%20-13.859008848667145=16=Nestor's=hybrid[/map]

dagwood

Got to agree. We make the pilgrimage to Nestors every time and its consistently good. Only problem is you need to fast all day before you go. And the guff from the man himself keeps you entertained.   

annalivia

Great food, well worth a visit, advisable to book.

lionfish

Definitely our favourite - have just booked for 8 of us to go there to celebrate my birthday on Sunday so really looking forward to it, as always.
Cards addressed to "Lionfish" can be left at Nestor's for collection on the day!!!!
Muchas Gracias, especially to anyone suggesting that my birthday is my 18th (even 60th would not be bad!!).

fifi

Nestor is a wonderful chef. Well worth a visit. :)

fatherted

Happy birthday Lionfish for Sunday.As a birthday treat Nestor might even take you for a round of golf, now thats an experience.

denboy

one of my favourite restaurants in the world,and thats saying something.tried a lot of different meals off the menu,and never had a complaint.nestor is a great character as well as a great chef.will be dining there in september,mouth is watering already.

woe10

It's all been said. Still can't decide which is best, Nestor's or 15. Try them both.

HelenR

Didnt bother, we booked a table with them twice and each time they didnt bother booking it so went elsewhere, disappointing as i was looking forward to going  :o

Can the Man

Quote from: Wigangirl on September 05, 2013, 16:16:22 PM
Didnt bother, we booked a table with them twice and each time they didnt bother booking it so went elsewhere, disappointing as i was looking forward to going  :o

Very sorry to hear that Wigangirl, did you phone or call in ?

My advise is call in and make a reservation with Susie or Emma, and give it another chance, otherwise you are missing a huge gastronomical experience

Paddster

I still haven't been yet..............

HelenR

I emailed them initially about a month in advance, i got a reply from Nestor saying ok but use the telephone number in the future to make reservations, so i did that when i was at manchester airport, still no reservation. Never mind will try again when i visit next

Paddster

When u back over then ? Would appreciate a view on the place like all elses to be honest,not the cheapest place but you get what you pay for as they say....

Can the Man

Quote from: Paddster on September 10, 2013, 11:51:16 AM
When u back over then ? Would appreciate a view on the place like all elses to be honest,not the cheapest place but you get what you pay for as they say....

Paddy, you can visit Nestors in October and try it out for yourself, and if you need somebody to hold your hand, I will  ;) ;) ;)

Paddster

Can the Man

Because I opened this thread for Nestors I am not allowed vote for them, so please people vote for Nestors ! :) :) :)

woe10

Quote from: Paddster on September 10, 2013, 07:35:35 AM

That's because you only go in those Posh places  :o  Nestor's isn't expensive. Who told you that ??

Paddster

Quote from: woe10 on September 10, 2013, 18:22:36 PM
Quote from: Paddster on September 10, 2013, 07:35:35 AM

That's because you only go in those Posh places  :o  Nestor's isn't expensive. Who told you that ??

Not telling - i'd have to kill ya  ;D

denboy

just got back from caleta.went in nestors 3 times on our 11 night break.absolutely superb as usual.my son and his girlfriend,who had never been to caleta before, were raving about it,long after we got home.PADDSTER,you have got to try it this time,you don,t know what you are missing. ;) ;)

Can the Man

Well said Denboy, not too long now before I'm enjoying Nestor's fish and steaks  8) 8) 8)

Paddster

I'll try and get down to book a table.......

Harlequin

What can you say about Nestor's, I 've had many meals here and not only is the food fantastic, but the staff are brilliant and Nestor is great.

Can the Man

Called in tonight and made a booking for Friday night :D

Trumpy

Well we tried Nestors for the first time for my mothers birthday and I can say it was excelent. Three of us ordered steaks and my Dad had slow cooked Caribbean Pork. The pork was massive and fell apart I tried it and it was very nice will definatley have it next time.

The 3 large steaks came and just in case it wasn't eneough Nestor bought us another 2.

Can only say it's the best meal I have eaten on the rock

lionfish

Just back, absolutely stuffed with delicious food yet again. I saw Nestor at lunchtime and told him I wanted ribs, but to-night he persuaded me to try the Lamb shank - not normally on the menu, but they appeared to be available in large numbers tonight judging by the number of people trying it - absolutely delicious!!
We have to fly home tomorrow, but we're already booked in to Nestor's for our return in 8 weeks time - can't wait, especially since I'm head chef for the next 8 weeks!!

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

We shall be there on Monday Lionfish, with my best friend and her hubby from Glasgow, its his birthday...really looking forward to it. My hubby hopes he has the lamb shanks on there then too  ;D 8) 8)
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

bevlos

Hi want to try Nestors when i am over but not sure where it is. Obviously i have looked at the map but can anyone tell me any landmarks it is near or neighbouring bars/resturants so i can find it on foot.

Thanks

Can the Man

Hi bevlos, it's round the corner from Fad and El patio, beside Caleta gardens

Hope this helps
Do you recognise this place

This is at the cross roads with El patio, the Portuguese Resturant and the souvenir shop, Nestor's is up on the top left on the right hand side of the photo.

You will need to make a reservation

bevlos

Brilliant know exactly where it is now. Thanks for that. Is it busy this time of year? Back over on Wednesday for two weeks.

charlatanefc

Quote from: bevlos on January 19, 2014, 16:28:09 PM
Brilliant know exactly where it is now. Thanks for that. Is it busy this time of year? Back over on Wednesday for two weeks.

See you there :)