El Roque de Las Pescadores - Fish restaurant + Map

Started by isleswing, July 30, 2013, 13:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isleswing

Overlooking the New Harbour. Excellent Fish Restaurant.
They're very proud of their fish, telling you all about each type and it's taste and character, and then you get to meet it before cooking. All claimed fresh that day, and it looks it.
Part of the novelty is that if you cross the road, you can actually see the boats that landed it!
We eat there each year and always sit outside, great for people-watching, and the view along the coast to the south. After dark, it's completely black along there, just the occasional lights of cars on the dirt roads.
Definitely recommend this place for food and service, with reasonable prices.

[map]?=28.68164217735544,%20-14.011370911288054=18=El Roque de los Pescadores=hybrid[/map]

jg

I would add that it has been utterly consistent and reliable in quality of food and service for many years when many restaurants have come and gone or got better or worse.
JG

seeitasitis

Its interesting what you say about the variation on different visits thats why we dont recommend have found the same problem on many occasion with many different restaurants.

suendrob

We ate there last night, very good. Sat outside same as everyone else. Never seen people inside.
Waiter not so good with English but I think I had dorada, butterfly grilled,very nice. Sue had Prawn and salmon spaggheti, good and a generous portion. With 2 large and 2 small beers 42 euro. Well worth the visit. Recommended.

jg

Quote from: suendrob on October 03, 2014, 11:03:03 AM
We ate there last night, very good. Sat outside same as everyone else. Never seen people inside.
<snip>
We have always eaten inside like most other diners - but then we are there in January/February each year.
JG