Author Topic: Yesterday  (Read 479 times)

Offline dagwood

Yesterday
« on: June 13, 2018, 16:02:12 pm »
Yesterday I flew back to Dublin with Ryanair after two relaxing weeks on Fuerteventura.
The reason I'm mentioning it is because the return flight was in a brand new out of the box seven thirty seven.
A big improvement on last model I must say. I have to report the seats are much thinner which in turn gives more space and also more room for stowing a case underneath and are still comfortable. The overhead lockers open completely different and provide a lot better storage space. Also the air vents and lights above your head are much more efficient and easily managed. For example the air goes where its supposed and your not freezing the passenger on the opposite side of the isle. Overall the plane seemed quieter and this provided for more comfortable trip, maybe that could also be down to more efficient air conditioning .The one downer I noticed is that toilets have less space than on the last model, defiantly a case of back in and drive out.
There were about 10 empty seats which is 95% seats sold.
All in all a pleasant experience               
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 16:08:20 pm by dagwood »

Offline paully

Re: Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 19:08:39 pm »
I agree Dagwood..the new 737-800`s are much better than the MK1..We`ve flown on a few of them with Jet2 and you are right. Much more room for luggage in the overhead bins. last month we came out on such a one and went back on one of the old ones and you really could tell the difference.

We are back out in September from Manchester with Ryanair, so hope they have spread to that base as well..

2019 though looks like being the best travelling yet for us..Brittany Ferries to Northern Spain rather than flying. Much more relaxed, no security issues and if you get delayed, you have a cabin, restaurant, fresh air and toilets  ;D ;D ;D  oh yes and you can bring back as much wine as the springs will take..

Offline dagwood

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 20:05:32 pm »
Have a good year in 2019 but consider this, your amount of  wine you may be allowed to import from the EU into a none EU country ie the U.K. may take the pressure of the auld springs a bit.

Offline beachlife

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 20:18:31 pm »
I was on the new 737-800 from Dublin to LBA last week. Must say I was concerned about the new seats being thinner, but was pleasantly surprised about how comfortable they were. The only problem was that on the isle seats the metal bar by your feet, restricts the space you have in the aisle seats. The middle and window seats have better foot space, as they don`t have the bar impinging into their foot space. Otherwise this plane is  a great step forward in general passenger comfort.