The Knee Defender - The Best Invention For Years

Started by woe10, August 28, 2014, 10:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woe10

The Knee Defender consists of two small pieces of plastic which clip the arms of your fold-down table,
and prevents the passenger in front from pushing their seat back.

appy ammer

theres me thinking you had the solution to my carpet fitters knees  >:(
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

woe10

Mr Boo Boo

KWC

HelenR

a swift kick on the seat and a glare usually stops them  ;D

Mr Boo Boo

Tried that on numerous occasions but never seems to work, people who recline are usually too thick to get the message  :P

HelenR

Mr Boo Boo

Quote from: KWC on August 28, 2014, 13:31:08 PM
Quote from: Paul Mapantzoff on August 28, 2014, 13:25:22 PM
Where can I buy a pair...

Stay with Jet2 and you won't need to buy them  :D

Would need to purchase a spare wiper blade or two just in case  :P :P :P :P :P :P
Next trip to Fuerto with TC (so will have to order the knee defenders before I go)..

woe10

You can buy them here. It shows a little video of how it works too. Brilliant.

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

These aren't new..there was a thread posted here 3 years ago (Sept 2011) about them....... reply #7 by zedzed gives the link too.  8) 8) 8)

http://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=6003.msg72805#msg72805
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

DaveW

That is why I like Easyjet the seats don't recline

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Nor do Ryanair's  ;D

Just had an email about their new Business Class introduced today too.

We have flights booked for next week with them (not to Fue) and again for Xmas (to Fue  ;D ) so I may look into this. We fly about 6 times a year with RA, love 'em  ;D ;D

http://www.ryanair.com/en/business-plus/?cmpid=emailen140827
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

decho

Quote from: hev on August 28, 2014, 16:04:48 PM
Nor do Ryanair's  ;D

We have flights booked for next week with them (not to Fue) and again for Xmas (to Fue  ;D ) so I may look into this. We fly about 6 times a year with RA, love 'em  ;D ;D

Got a price for going out on their new business class - double the price so I think I will stick to cattle class! Incidentally I have noticed on recent flights that the vast majority are not priority boarding, so presumably are just taking a chance with auto seat allocation.

meggie

Not making yourself very popular there Cathy most people on this forum have a great dislike of those who recline.

meggie

Just looked at the link.Does it mean you have to keep your table in the dropped position for the whole journey. Think i would find this as equally annoying.

zedzedeleven

Quote from: meggie on August 28, 2014, 21:34:11 PM
Just looked at the link.Does it mean you have to keep your table in the dropped position for the whole journey. Think i would find this as equally annoying.
Why? it isn`t in the way as such.
Mentor to the boneheads.

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Quote from: cathy323 on August 28, 2014, 20:20:25 PM
I say if the seats have a recline function. Then it's there to be used.

I think we have a troll here ^^^^^^^

Zedzed in reply to you I think as soon as you put that table up to slide across to visit the toilet those sneaky varmits will have their seats pushed back when you return. All hail RA for non movable seats  ;D ;D

zedzedeleven

Quote from: hev on August 28, 2014, 16:04:48 PM
Nor do Ryanair's  ;D

OO Hev, you wouldn`t be a lickle luv and have a look on your paperwork for me would you? I have a flight booked for Fuerte next month and I cannot for the life of me remember if I booked seats, there is nowt on my booking confirmation and I`ve looked on "manage my booking" and can`t find any reference to seat allocation so I probably didn`t. Now I`m having second thoughts because the on line check in period for non allocated seats is a week, whereas seat allocation is thirty days.  Which means of course that I will have to check in on line in Corralejo for the return journey. Not that it`s a huge problem, just a bit irritating . tia 

Mentor to the boneheads.

Can the Man

Quote from: appy ammer on August 28, 2014, 12:50:28 PM

Brendan, do you need a set of knee pads ?, I'm out in October and can bring you out a set if you like.

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Quote from: Can the Man on August 29, 2014, 00:20:45 AM

Brendan, do you need a set of knee pads ?, I'm out in October and can bring you out a set if you like.

I don't think he fits many carpets out in Fue much Can  ;) ;)

woe10

Quote from: jill tie on August 29, 2014, 09:10:54 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/aug/26/plane-diverted-as-passengers-fight-over-seat-reclining
It seem's they are banned in America

Am I allowed to use Knee Defenderâ,,¢ on commercial aircraft?

The FAA has indicated that Knee Defenderâ,,¢ may be used on commercial aircraft.  As reported in the Washington Post,  "FAA spokesman Paul Takemoto said the clips were not against federal aviation rules as long as they weren't used during taxiing, takeoffs or landings."  Of course, Knee Defenders are designed to be used with your tray table lowered, and your tray table must be up and locked "during taxiing, takeoffs or landings."

Can the Man

Quote from: hev on August 29, 2014, 10:20:30 AM
Quote from: Can the Man on August 29, 2014, 00:20:45 AM

I don't think he fits many carpets out in Fue much Can  ;) ;)

But he might be doing other things on his knees Hev  ;) ;) ;)