Travel Insurance

Started by Logitechtom, July 10, 2018, 12:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logitechtom

Hi,  Anyone got some good advice or recommendations for Annual Travel Insurance?

We currently use SAGA, as they are very good with pre-exsisting medical conditions (and that applies to both of us), however, they limit cover to a maximum of 45 days for a single trip and 120 days maximum in any year.  We spend much longer than than in El Cotillo!!  We can be there for 3 months at a time, and for 6 months of the year!!   We curently pay £205 for both of us for a year.

So, anyone any ideas?

TIA,  Tom.

suendrob

We insure ourselves with Puffin. https://puffininsurance.com/travel-insurance (Travel Insurance Facilities)

Both over 60, both with declared conditions, (not major ones) £104 joint european policy.

Fortunately, we've never had the opportunity to put them to the test with a claim.
Very easy to deal with, during purchase, including pre-existing conditions questionaire.

Logitechtom

Thanks both, I will try out Puffin later and I will also look at what the bank can offer (from memory, it was 31 days max).  We are both on EHIC cards as "home" is the UK and we spend the maximum time possible without hitting the limit for residency.

Tom.

pegtee

Goodtogoinsurance.com.  The best I could find last winter.  Look at staysure they were good until I reached a certain age. Also look at go compare and  moneysupermarket.. They cover most companies.

Logitechtom

Puffin have a maximum duration of 45 days, same as SAGA!

I will check out others. Thanks.

Tom

fatherted

We use Insure & Go as they've been very reasonable after taking into a/c existing medical conditions. Also the policy allows for 90 days vacations.

Mr G

Yes Insure and Go, 90 day max duration of any stay. £166 for 2 people under 65.

Logitechtom

Thanks everyone. I'm busy checking these out.

Tom.

Logitechtom

With Insure and Go, the cover is only for 31 days if you are over 65.  Extensions are available, but quite costly!

beachlife

Quote from: Logitechtom on July 11, 2018, 13:20:21 PM
With Insure and Go, the cover is only for 31 days if you are over 65.  Extensions are available, but quite costly!

Nationwide cover is up to 75 then you have to pay an extra premium after that age.

No limit on number of trips in year. Except each trip must start from UK.