Aroma's Indian Restaurant Calete De fuste

Started by dmf0560, May 18, 2014, 19:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmf0560

Had a great meal there last week, wife and I shared a lamb bhuna, pilau rice and naan bread, our companions shared chicken tikka masalla, rice and bread.  Lovely food and great service.

emmi

I am going there next week with friends.  Are you saying the portions are huge and are sufficient for two people?  I'd like to know as I have a small appetite.

dmf0560

Not as huge as the uk, but my wife only eats small portions, but I did add a sag aloo which was odd.  don't order the poppadoms as they charge for them, but will bring some out free of charge with dips.  Hope this helps, the lamb just melted in you mouth.

Can the Man

Sounds great, hope it's still in business when I visit at Christmas

dmf0560

Boston terrier

Tried when we came in May, very impressed! Usually go to Fusion22, meals here were flavoursome and we will definitely be going again on our return. :P

HelenR

Can the Man

Had an absolutley fantastic meal here, best Indian I have ever had in Caleta.

â,¬100 for 4 of us, starters, main courses and Nan breads, including several beers, and tip.

Went back a few days later for an excellent takeaway.

Highly reccommended

HelenR

thanks for that Can, do you know if another opened?

Can the Man

Quote from: H.R on October 10, 2014, 14:46:09 PM

What do you mean H about another opened. There is Aromas, Fusion 21, and the new Indian/Kebab place beside the cave.

lionfish

Is the Indian/Kebab place related to the one in Atlantico?

Can the Man

Quote from: lionfish on October 11, 2014, 17:23:22 PM
Is the Indian/Kebab place related to the one in Atlantico?

Yes it is, didn't try the Indian there but had a kebab, bit disappointing as they only had a choice of chicken or beef or a combination of both for the doner kebabs. What kebab shop does NOT have lamb kebab mat  :o :o :o :o

HelenR

Quote from: Can the Man on October 11, 2014, 09:50:52 AM
Quote from: H.R on October 10, 2014, 14:46:09 PM

What do you mean H about another opened. There is Aromas, Fusion 21, and the new Indian/Kebab place beside the cave.

Didn't Steve put something on about it? On his forum? X

thevdoc

Quote from: dmf0560 on May 25, 2014, 20:17:33 PM
Over in October so will do an update.
We ate there 3 times on a 10 day holiday, food was fab.  We ate the same as the original post but tried their chicken tikka main course.  Wow comes in its own little tandoori pot with a curry sauce which is to die for, we shared this as two skewers with 3 hunks of chicken on each one, rice and naan bread.  Pity the tables for 2 are so close together, but we found out on the last night you can reserve a table (4 seater) and not be so close.

thevdoc

Had two really great meals there the last week! More expensive than some but great service and food... and heaters.

fuerte crazy

Visited Aromas Indian during our stay late October and had a fantastic meal there.  I had the Chicken Chilli Murgh again and it was delicious.  Hubby had a different dish and really enjoyed that too.  His sister also had the Chilli Murgh but asked for hers to be Medium to hot spice wise and it came out just as she'd ordered it.  I had mine medium hot and it was bang on!!
The overall service was very good.  The staff very friendly and attentive when needed (not overly pushy) so it gets a 10/10 from us.  We shall revisit again Xmas/New Year .
FC