Corralejo Reviews and Poll

Started by admin, July 13, 2012, 06:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you been to Corralejo? How would you rate it? Please vote and leave a review

★★★★★
16 (53.3%)
★★★★
7 (23.3%)
★★★
4 (13.3%)
★★
2 (6.7%)
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 2

admin

Please post your reviews and photos below.

emadams

We went to Corralejo as a family, my husband and I with our 2 year old son and my parents and brother.  It is a lovely resort with a beautiful sandy beach, wonderful harbour and ample shopping ! There are plenty of lovely bars and restaurants to choose from and many are very reasonably priced. Its best to look around during the day and look at the menus.  A tip, go for the smaller less touristy looking places to eat, we were "talked into" eating in one place down near the harbour area and it was the worst meal of the holiday with the worst service.  Just because the guy at the front of the restaurant has the talk does not mean its a good place to eat ! Loved it in this resort and would defo go back.  Great family holiday !!

jg

I agree with emadams about the restaurants - the best ones don't need to employ pavement spielers and if the waiters themselves are outside looking for custom you should always ask yourself why.
JG

peggy

Been to Corralejo for the past 12 years, sometimes 3 times a year, and never get tired of it. Always find things to do and new places to eat out. Best for value is Avenida up by the Hyperdino in the old town, and the Chinese at the bottom of the high street. Great choice of beaches and all so near the town. Nice to stroll down by the harbour in the evenings. I could go on and on and on.

voncol

We have been going to Corrie for 14 odd years, seen a lot of changes not all for the better. The town does its best, as with a lot of places on Fuerty it's a little tatty around the edges and could do with looking after better. Still too many old cars left to die on the streets, too much dog poo on the pavements and too many palm trees blocking the pavements. But it has a certain charm, the residents are usually friendly and helpful and we have always felt safe walking the streets late at night.
As others have said if you want value for money stay off the main streets, avoid the electrical/ camera, etc 'shops' unless you really know your UK prices, same goes for one or two of the perfumes shops. If you do wish to buy any 'gadgets' try the Norty Sur (not sure on spelling on that one) the big store up the hill from the Shell garage center of town. Prices always seem as good if not better than UK -and the items do at least have price labels on them, in fact there are several shops along the top back road worth looking at.
One final point... there is a nice little bakery type shop tucked away near the harbour, great place for a coffee and a cake while watching the world go by. 8)

Larbrecklady

Been to Corralejo many many times over the years and still enjoy it, back in November.
Love the breeze, beaches, no time share, no lucky lucky boys, lots to do.
Can't wait to go back

tfe

I live in Tenerife and just returned home from Fuerteventura. I spent a week in Corralejo and don't think that I will return. I also visited other places -  El Cotillo, Caleta de Fuste, Puerto del Rosario, Morro Jable. I really liked Morro Jable but Corralejo is not for me:
- Dirty beaches - cigarette butts, dog poo, plastic waste everywhere in the sand. Cigarette butts everywhere in the greeneries. Flag Beach is nice and clean but it's very far from the town.
- Strong tides. It's not possible to swim during the low tide because beaches turn into rocky fields.
- Strong winds makes it very cold at night (I stayed in "Bristol" area).
- Abandoned or unfinished buildings everywhere.
- Stunted plants everywhere (yes, I know, it's because of strong winds).
- Rust everywhere (I know, it's because of sea air).

I think for surfers Corralejo is a very good place but there are better places for people who want to enjoy beach and sun. As I wrote before, I liked Morro Jable very much. It's clean, green, excellent beaces for swimming (without rocks during the low tide), not so strong winds.

I am sorry, the fans of Corralejo.

kaynig

CORRALEJO, been quite a few times,it suits our needs. Yes it has changed over the last 20 yrs, but which resort has not. we always walk to the naturist beach on the southern outskirts, our days are spent there, in the evenings there is a good choice of restaurants, yes there are more touts trying to get you in there establishment, but just say no with a smile and carry on. bars, there are quiet ones, or if you want entertainment again you have a choice. It's a great place for a family holiday, its a safe place to walk at night, and I can say I have never seen anyone drunk out of their heads on any visit. Yes we will be there again in this April.

sunpics

8) We have been to Corralejo for the past 13 years now and we love it. Winter holidays for us when its cold and snow back in the UK its 22 to 26 hear in Fuerterventura -1 back home in the UK.
Such a laid back quiet place for a winter holiday. One word sums up this place " BRILLIANT"
  8) SUNPICS

Libwindram

I can appreciate that younger generations will like the buzz in Corralejo, but this resort isn't for me. So big, many apartments squashed together, and a fair bit of walking involved to get to the centre . No thank you. A little too much like Blackpool for me.