I know its Grotty but......

Started by paully, April 23, 2018, 11:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paully

Just found a new webcam for the main runway at Lanzarote airport. Ok its not the scepted isle but it does offer good views, as well as sound, but lets you see what the weather is like as its looking south towards Fuerteventura. Might pass the odd hour or so....Also has a very good one for the cruise terminal at Arrecife.

http://lanzarotewebcam.com/airportwebcam/

Maybe in time Fuerte might get some decent webcams instead of the half hearted, often broken, half ar$ed rubbish so far.
I HATE computer thingyss

spitfire58

Good link Paul. Do you have the links for Fuerte by any chance, cheers .  Ron

Logitechtom

Here is the site I use for webcams on Fuerteventura but as has been said already, they are not wonderful, not live and not always working!

http://www.fuerteventuraplayas.com/en/webcams/webcams-map

Tom.

spitfire58

Deso

Just had a look at Lanzarote site and its chucking it down at the airport.  :o

Also, it is a PTZ (Pan tilt and Zoom) camera mounted on a building across the dual carriageway at the end of the runway. Someone was moving it around looking at the rain whilst I was watching.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Deso

They have had to stop streaming on the airport cam as they require security paperwork from the airport to allow it.   ::)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

erik_tonny

Quote from: Deso on April 24, 2018, 11:48:17 AM
They have had to stop streaming on the airport cam as they require security paperwork from the airport to allow it.   ::)
With good reason. A webcan showing live images of landing and departing aircraft seems to me like a major security leak.
All the sites showing air radar images have a built in time laps.

paully

Quote from: erik_tonny on April 24, 2018, 14:17:25 PM
With good reason. A webcan showing live images of landing and departing aircraft seems to me like a major security leak.

Have you not heard of flightradar 24 then??
I HATE computer thingyss

erik_tonny

Quote from: paully on April 24, 2018, 16:42:27 PM
Quote from: erik_tonny on April 24, 2018, 14:17:25 PM

Have you not heard of flightradar 24 then??

Flightradar 24 has nothing to do with radar images. It projects the calculated position with help of ADS-B data.

Deso

Regards, Neil

erik_tonny

Great cam, wish the beach cams on fuerteventura had that quality.
The waving palm trees on the foreground are a nice touch.

StefanV

paully

I HATE computer thingyss