First time tax

Started by La apanada pair, September 28, 2017, 10:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

La apanada pair

Hi Forum followers, can someone please give me easy to understand advice, last September we purchased our 1 Bed apartment in el matorrel and I understand we now have to pay tax,  Solicitor wants to charge us 200 to set this up, to me that sounds expensive, so want to see if we can do it ourselves, so can someone tell us ..as non residents, what forms do we need, are we able to do it easily, and can we do it online? Basically HELP, We are over 2nd week of October and can if needed do it then...

spitfire58

Hi, if you look at this section the next post is "Spanish tax forms" we will be in the same position so I thought these sounded & looked simple enough.
Just curious but who did you use fro purchase? We used Fuerteventura Law & there "stock" charge for everything seemed to be 200â,¬. They wanted that to set up council DD for bins etc, I did it in 15 minutes with v limited Spanish & a translator on my iPhone !!

La apanada pair

Hi Spitfire...ooops BINS another thing I need to set up, totally forgotten about them, that's going to be the nest question I think..who and how do we pay lol thanks for the direction I will look at it next, hope it explains things straight forwardly and YES we used Fuerteventura Law as well, they did everything for us and I can't fault them BUT noe=w the extra's seem a little OTT

spitfire58

Quote from: La apanada pair on September 28, 2017, 20:23:06 PM
Hi Spitfire...ooops BINS another thing I need to set up, totally forgotten about them, that's going to be the nest question I think..who and how do we pay lol thanks for the direction I will look at it next, hope it explains things straight forwardly and YES we used Fuerteventura Law as well, they did everything for us and I can't fault them BUT noe=w the extra's seem a little OTT

Yes, my thoughts on their charges too !! You will have to go into the council office in Caleta, I think for your council charges/bins etc. I believe the person that sits on the back left desk has some English. Really quite straightforward & simple when I did it in Antigua, took no more than two forms & 15 to 20 minutes 😁😁

beachlife

If you are talking about non residents tax you can do this yourself online. Search my posts in the search facility on here posted loads of info on how to do it. Quick resume is below. If you need help on calculations read my historical posts or I can repost how to do it if you are stuck.

Java download  : http://java.com/dt-redirect

Spanish tax form : https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/es13/h/ie02100b.html?idi=EN

Make sure you remember to check your latest catastral valor.

The percentage to be used is 2% and the rate of tax is 19% for 2016 (reduced from 19.5% in 2015).

Make sure you use Internet explorer when you are downloading and going to the Spanish tax form. However make sure you follow the instructions below first before bringing up form 210 as it will load but then tell you that Java requires security to be changed.

After you download the latest Java you will need to add the address for the Spanish tax form (you need to add it manually by typing). To do so follow these instructions.

Go to control panel.

Click on Programs.

Click on Java.

Click on Security tab.

Make sure High is selected on security level.

In exception list click on edit site list.

Click on add.

Below Location double click in the box within the address and then type in the address for form 210 which starts https://www2.agencia...........

Then click OK the address should now appear in the exception list.

Then go to Internet explorer go to the form 210 using the above address and you will find you can eventually bring up the page. It may take a little time for it to load.