Ok
12 (22.2%)
Poor
2 (3.7%)
Very Poor
2 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

admin

We know there are or will be bugs and some missing posts.
Please let us know of any quirks or bugs and what you think of the new format and features.

richard n

I think you should have communicated this change better and realised how alarming it would be for members who haven't been on the forum for some time to get an email out of the blue informing an unsolicited password change
Richard

admin

Well we did make it clear on the old site for some time that the change was a coming.

To communicate with members who haven't used the forum for a while we would have to have sent them an unsolicited email.

Catch 22.

We have tried to make the transition as painless as possible but the new password thing was not our decision - it was a consequence of changing the software.

Sorry for any inconvenience or alarm.

Ronnietheblue

:) are there to be no posts / threads after june 16th. All looks great with new site tho
thanks

admin

Quoteare there to be no posts / threads after june 16th.
Afraid not. The database had to be converted from the old format and our expert ran into problems taking much longer than he or we expected.
So what was converted was the database at that date.

Ronnietheblue

:( i'd 106 posts now back to newbie. celebrated my 50th with a thread.please please please upgrade

admin

andi

:( :( :( :( :(.....made a complete pigs ear of it in my view.....what's all the posts from 2007 about?.....did no one think to back up recent topics (i.e. 2012) on queries and questions?   

lagerassassin

Hmm.. I hadn't thought about this one, this is Brightspark by the way....
I never updated my email on my account, so the new password is lost in cyberspace.
Any ideas admin?

admin

Brightspark - send us an email with another email address (not the one you're using for lagerassassin) and I'll update the Brightspark profile

admin

Quote.....made a complete pigs ear of it in my view.....
yup

Quotewhat's all the posts from 2007 about?.....
Can't remember.

Quotedid no one think to back up recent topics (i.e. 2012) on queries and questions? 
Yup we did.

We tried for a week to convert the forum ourselves. We couldn't do it.
We employed the leading database conversion experts in the US to do it. They estimated it would take 24 hours. After a week they presented us with what we now have, admitting failure themselves.

We do still have backups of everything but for now we will leave it as it is. If and when we feel we can restore those posts, we shall.

We are sorry.

Brightspark

Sorted, cheers admin  :)

Loving the new forum by the way!!

phylliso

I thought the change of password was spam - you could have let me know!

Brightspark

Quote from: phylliso on June 29, 2012, 16:14:25 PM
I thought the change of password was spam - you could have let me know!

To be fair admin kinda did 3-4 days ago
http://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33018

admin

QuoteI thought the change of password was spam - you could have let me know!
What you thought was spam was us letting you know.
We should have phrased it better but we'd already sent out 12,000+ mails before we realised it was open to misinterpretation.

We are sorry.

potash

Time will tell not to impressed re advert playing in back ground  >:(

Brightspark

Quote from: potash on June 29, 2012, 16:25:21 PM
Time will tell not to impressed re advert playing in back ground  >:(

I bet it's the one playing jingle bells.....

They're controlled by google, not really a fault of the forum

simmey

It's looking good, can we upload our own avatars though instead of having to use stock ones?

admin

QuoteI bet it's the one playing jingle bells.....
I hate that chap whose parents weren't married when he was born thing.

admin

QuoteIt's looking good, can we upload our own avatars though instead of having to use stock ones?
Not unless you are a Legend or Demigod I'm afraid.
We will be adding more avatars to the stock though.
Suggest a theme and we'll see what we can do.

Brightspark

Quote from: admin on June 29, 2012, 16:30:18 PM
QuoteI bet it's the one playing jingle bells.....
I hate that chap whose parents weren't married when he was born thing.

don't think I've seen that one, I just keep getting the jingle bells one lately

"Omg you have won!!! click here before the time expires" blah blah blah

Jingle bells in June......
Must be a spanish thing  :o

annalivia

A bit weird at the moment, but I'm sure once new threads are started we'll get used to it.

bksk2004

My favorite "Active Topics" tab has gone!!.....used to use that all the time for a quick browse. Or maybe, I am looking in the wrong place?

Site looks fine, but not happy if the AT tab has gone!

zedzedeleven

Same as Annie ^ but I`m sure we will all get used to it, looks ok at first glance, bet a lot of midnight oil was burned getting it this far! well done to all concerned.
Mentor to the boneheads.

zedzedeleven

Quote from: bksk2004 on June 29, 2012, 17:14:34 PM
My favorite "Active Topics" tab has gone!!.....used to use that all the time for a quick browse. Or maybe, I am looking in the wrong place?

Site looks fine, but not happy if the AT tab has gone!
Me too, let us know if you find it!
Mentor to the boneheads.

admin

Quote"Active Topics" tab has gone!!.
It's not exactly the same but just under the forum logo   next to your name and icon , there should be links for :
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

If you don't see that, there's a wee blue arrow at the top right of the forum - it reveals / hides that area.

If that's not good enough let me know - the good thing about this new forum software is that there are many 'mods' which we can look at to see if there's something more akin to what you want.

SurfJames

Wow....fantastic new Forum Admin.

Well done. I'm impressed.  :) 8)

Brightspark

I think the only thing I would change is the redirect after posting a reply to send you to the thread you posted in instead of sending you back to the index page, I remember this is a feature with SMF but can't remember if there was a setting to change it

If not I'm pretty sure there's a mod for it.

Just a suggestion

mit1964

8) 8) 8) looks good to me and seems a lot faster  8) 8) 8)

admin

brightspark - I'll look into that.

mit1964 - thanks for your help last month - much appreciated