Gran Hotel Natura

Started by medsailor, August 15, 2018, 19:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

medsailor

Has anyone been past the old Gran Hotel Natura to see if any work is happening to get it reopened hopefully as a naturist place. Will miss it a lot.

bedouin

It's closed for good.  The operators have pulled out, and they've opened a new place called Petit Hotel Natura in Gran Canaria.  This was previously a gay resort they operated called Pasion Tropical.  It's smaller, but quite quirky-looking.

medsailor

Hi Bedouin. Thanks for that. Yes I know of the move to Gran Canaria. Did read that the rent had doubled etc. I think the problem with the GHN building was structural. For instance the pillar outside the gents in the gym the concrete was peeling off the reinforcement bars, the last time I was there they had boxed it in with plywood so as not to be seen. Also the gable end of one accommodation block had a slight bulge - not good. I was hoping the owners who ever they are had decided to repair these problems and wondered if any work had started.

Naturelover

Looks like it's being refurbished as iv'e seen builders there almost every day since I arrived in Oct.

luvfuert

Stayed at Infiniti in October, went past the site of the old Gran Natura a lot and can confirm that a full refurb is taking place. It is reopening as a textile hotel, much to the delight and amusement of the new owners of Infiniti - a lovely group of Dutch people. A strange decision, so obviously a demand for a naturist resort yet pitching themselves against the numerous textile hotels that have more to offer by way of location?

medsailor

Hi Naturelover & Iuvfuert thanks for that info. Hope you are wrong about it reopening as textile when there is such a demand for naturist hotels.