Movistar

Started by 14yew, November 22, 2018, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

14yew

Does anyone know if you can contact Movistar in English either by phone or via internet. Am trying to get fibre installed and they seem to have tne best price but dont think my spanish is good enough to go through the process.

Logitechtom

You don't say where you are on the island. If you are in Corralajo, go to the Movistar shop after 1pm and ask for Daniel. He speaks very good English and is super-helpful.

If you are nowhere near, sorry, can't help.

Tom.

14yew

Thanks for your reply. I am down in Jandia and dont hold out much hope that anyone in the Morro movistar shop will speak English. I do speak some Spanish so may give it a try as it is easier face to face than over the phone.

Archer

I would just use their website. There's a button 'Me interesa'. Just fill in your details, NIE etc and they'll soon call you!
Tell them you're English, or when they call they will try and help and find someone who will.
The only probls I had with Movistar, and you may find the same dkwn in Jandia, is they have run out of capacity and won't invest. Not sure fibre is installed there, yet.

14yew

Thanks for that advice. Fibre has been installed to our area and our neighbour has it from movistar.

Lexeus

Quote from: 14yew on November 23, 2018, 07:38:59 AM
Thanks for that advice. Fibre has been installed to our area and our neighbour has it from movistar.

Fibre in Jandia? Seriously, your neighbour may have a faster connection than you and it may not be ADSL, but I imagine it is something like a Mifi connection that runs off the mobile phone network.

Anyway, I was going to ask how you got on with getting setup, I may be able to help out if you are still having problems ;)

14yew

All set up and running well. Getting very good speed and the connection is fibre completely all the way to the router.

Lexeus

14yew

Download with wifi not cable connected 68 bps

brennt

Hi All
  Has anybody tried to apply online with Movie star Broadband in Fuerteventura, i am not in Fuerteventura at present but wanted to apply and arrange install when i am there but their website only seems to cover mainland Mainland Spain. i found another website Moviestar with Benifits has anybody ever used this website?
Brennt

Johnrgby2

Quote from: brennt on May 26, 2019, 16:29:51 PM
Hi All
  Has anybody tried to apply online with Movie star Broadband in Fuerteventura, i am not in Fuerteventura at present but wanted to apply and arrange install when i am there but their website only seems to cover mainland Mainland Spain. i found another website Moviestar with Benifits has anybody ever used this website?
Brennt

Hi Brent,it will depend on where you are on the Island as to how good or bad Movistar service is, while all the hardware on the Island is Movistar there are other ISP,s who in certain areas are superior, just be careful.

brennt

Hi Johnrgby2
I'm in Corralejo down at the Harbour.
Thanks for the advice👍

Johnrgby2

Quote from: brennt on May 26, 2019, 19:15:42 PM
Hi Johnrgby2
I'm in Corralejo down at the Harbour.
Thanks for the advice👍

Scroll back to a post from Logitec Tom 22 November.