El Cotillo Bus Station

Started by bygcotillo, March 28, 2015, 17:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bygcotillo

We went to the opening of the new bus station this afternoon by the El Presidente del Cabildo de Fuerteventura.  The unveiling of the name of the bus station was both a surprise and very moving. It has been named after the original bus driver who drove for over 45 years for the company, his name was D.Pedro Hernandez Morales and his widow said a few words and was presented with an original framed photograph of him and his bus.

A Majoreran band was playing and there was plenty of paella, freshly cooked fish, vino and cerveza.  They really know how to make people feel welcome, and it was very amusing to see people arriving off the number 8 bus to be greeted with a free drink and eats!!!

Fortunately the weather was a lovely 24 degrees and full sunshine, and it seemed that everyone who attended enjoyed themselves.

Fortun

Charlie dont surf

You went to the opening of a 'bus station' on a Saturday afternoon and feel the need to share this event? Do you ever wonder how much sadder your life can become?

Brightspark

Quote from: Charlie dont surf on March 29, 2015, 23:28:12 PM
You went to the opening of a 'bus station' on a Saturday afternoon and feel the need to share this event? Do you ever wonder how much sadder your life can become?
I get the feeling you might just regret leaving that one

KEBABQUEEN

Too right BS

Charlie dont surf keep your mouth shut unless youv got somthing nice to say

jonesesjourneys

byg

Where is the new bus station located and are the old bus stops outside the football ground and alongside The Cotillo Beach Hotel still in use?

JJ

Mr Boo Boo

Quote from: Brightspark on March 30, 2015, 08:54:58 AM
I get the feeling you might just regret leaving that one

WHY, I think its a good post, and an interesting event to witness, had I been in the area at the I guess that I would have gone to see it.

peggy

Charliedontsurf.....your comment is probably even sadder.  :'(

Charlie dont surf

Ok, I suppose I can understand how somebody who lives or spends too much time in Cotillo might think the opening of a new Bus stop is the event of the Millennium and so might want to make a song and a dance about it.

cockney

It's in the name , it's a forum where people can talk about anything. Some people will be interested to know that the bus staion is now open. Why have you logged in? You obviously have nothing better to do than make sarcastic comments, a right Charlie!

bygcotillo

JJ

In answer to your question regarding the bus stops:-  Coming into El Cotillo the first drop is the bus station instead of the football ground, and continues onto the Cotillo Beach Hotel.  On the return it starts at the Cotillo Beach Hotel on the hour then picks up at the bus station, which is situated towards the El Toston near the new harbour.

Snowdrop

Bygcotillo - I enjoyed your post and it sounded like it was a good day and that a lot of effort went in the arranging of such.
I look foward to the same in Corralejo and will attend if possible simply because of your posting and it is also nice to participate in a community event.
Thank-you :-)

Deso

Quote from: Charlie dont surf on March 30, 2015, 16:32:04 PM
Ok, I suppose I can understand how somebody who lives or spends too much time in Cotillo might think the opening of a new Bus stop is the event of the Millennium and so might want to make a song and a dance about it.

Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

KEBABQUEEN

Quote from: Charlie dont surf on March 30, 2015, 16:32:04 PM

You dont understand and think but think it was the event of the millennium
you have issues thinks before you open your mouth

SheilaW

The bus from Puerto was actually pulling into the Corralejo one today before continuing its journey. Doesn't mean it's actually open, though. Maybe that will happen on Wednesday.

isleswing

Quote from: bygcotillo on March 28, 2015, 17:53:37 PM
We went to the opening of the new bus station this afternoon by the El Presidente del Cabildo de Fuerteventura.  The unveiling of the name of the bus station was both a surprise and very moving. It has been named after the original bus driver who drove for over 45 years for the company, his name was D.Pedro Hernandez Morales and his widow said a few words and was presented with an original framed photograph of him and his bus.

A Majoreran band was playing and there was plenty of paella, freshly cooked fish, vino and cerveza.  They really know how to make people feel welcome, and it was very amusing to see people arriving off the number 8 bus to be greeted with a free drink and eats!!!

Fortunately the weather was a lovely 24 degrees and full sunshine, and it seemed that everyone who attended enjoyed themselves.

Fortun

Free food and drink. That's always worth writing about  :D  :D  :D

Gone Fishing

Having been on a number of Cotillo-based holidays over the past couple of years and seeing the new bus terminus take shape it's nice to hear it has actually been finished.

Nice touch for the opening ceremony too.