No. 7 Bus

Started by GSD Girl, November 07, 2016, 08:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSD Girl

Am I right in assuming that you can get on and off the No. 7 bus at Tindaya? We are staying in El Cotillo and plan doing some walking that area. It seems the 12 noon bus going there and the 7 p.m from Rosaria will be the ones we will catch.  Does anyone know roughly what time it arrives and leaves Tindaya please.

GSD Girl

Thanks Rich000 but got the route and start times. What I don't know is the times it gets to  and leaves Tindaya and making sure that we can actually get off and on there. Some of the buses don't stop everywhere. As there are so few need to get times right else we will be doing more walking than we bargained for  :'(

Rich000

Ok, not sure, way to work it out is as Tindaya is about half way see long it takes and work it out for return. Another option. Head south from Cotillo and there is a trail that goes over the top down to Lajares, lovely walk and get the bus back from there No8. Plus side, the stop is outside Caneles bar. Actually it is better to get the bus to Lajares, head out of town to the roundabout go straight across onto the sand track and follow signs. Or Bus to Lajares go up the road turn left at the football ground, then follow the trail around the back of Hondo then onto Corralejo, bus back to Cotillo. from the stop opposite the water park

Rich000

As we are having winter again today and if you are on FB go to 'El Cotillo - Corralejo Walking and Geocaching group Fuerteventura'. Jenny runs that end and can advise. We run the Corralejo end which is 'The Corralejo Walkers Group'

GSD Girl

Thanks for comprehensive reply. Have done lots of walks around Lajares, Cotillo - Corralejo coast road and over the Volcano but not towards the centre of the Island. I believe the bus goes into Corralejo on its way to Rosario so it makes it difficult to estimate arrival time in Tindaya.  Just wanted a rough idea of arrival time so we could map out our walk. Only 5 weeks to go - Yipee!!!

Books Cards & Things Corralejo

The number 7 from El Cotillo leaving at 12 gets to Tindaya about 12.25. From there you can walk back to El Cotillo via Barranco de Esquinzo. But waiting for the bus back from Rosario will mean about 5 hours in and around Tindaya. You could also stay on the number 7 to La Matilla and walk back via Vallebron to La Oliva and then get the hourly bus back to El Cotillo. You could also walk to Tefia, over to Tetir and catch the half hourly number 1 at Casillas del Angel and then the El Cotillo bus back from Puerto del Rosario. All walks I have done and very enjoyable. I have all these walks for sale in the book shop but easy to follow with a good map.

GSD Girl

Thanks for info. Will certainly have a go at all those. We thought we would do a long walk from Tindaya and then have a couple drinks in los podomorfos before returning home but your idea of walking back is really good. We try to do 10 - 15 miles and normally use google app for maps. We will certainly pop into the shop and look at your maps. Thanks again.