goldcar rental

Started by peanut123, November 28, 2013, 13:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut123

Hi can anyone help me please, i am wanting book a hire car from the airport, i normally isebpayless as we have a house there but paypal less have put there prices up. I dont have a credit card so it will have to be cash or debit card. Are goldcar any good and do they add a additional driver for free and there is no scam on petrol is there. If you could let me know please.
Thanks

Can the Man

Do NOT go near GOLDCAR unless you have lots of money. If you think payless are expensive, by the time you have paid GOLDCAR it will be more expensive.

Try AUTOPLUS as an alternative.

Look at this thread about AUTOPLUS
http://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=13916.0

peanut123

thanks for the reply, i have been on plus car and they don't have any cars for the dates I need, so thinking what do I do now

KWC

Can the Man

trebol66

I hired a car for a couple of days to save me some time and hassle.

I haven't saved any time and have had more hassle trhan I could possibly have had. Goldcar should be avoided like the plague.

Magoo

Quote from: trebol66 on May 05, 2014, 18:09:03 PM
I hired a car for a couple of days to save me some time and hassle.

I haven't saved any time and have had more hassle trhan I could possibly have had. Goldcar should be avoided like the plague.

Unless of course it's a choice between them & Orlando

djk99

I see they have an online offer at the moment........3X1. Suggests you pay for one day and get 3. Clicking through, a 'Fiesta' type model comes up at €21 for 3 days. Also mentioned is a 'flex fuel' policy pay only for what you use and includes CDW & theft insurance. I am under no illusions that this would be the final price associated with this hire and wondering what add ons they use to bump the price up ?? Relax Cover is available for €58.50 which would seem the obvious choice, but, what if one declined this and all the other options ???  Anyone tried it yet ?