ZKTV

Started by decho, October 27, 2014, 16:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveW

The current sport offering gives Sky Sports, BT Sports and other stations that screen all of the premiership matches (3pm Saturday and mid-week).

I am very happy with the Sports service, especially the HD channels. As the service comes from Switzerland I do not get any blackouts during the football even with Telefónica slow service, I just wish my team could perform as well!

Some Bloke

Quote from: DaveW on December 18, 2017, 12:40:29 PM
I use the ZKTV System both in Fuerteventura and the UK with a single subscription, I just get Paul to switch the service to my current location.

The current sport offering gives Sky Sports, BT Sports and other stations that screen all of the premiership matches (3pm Saturday and mid-week).

I am very happy with the Sports service, especially the HD channels. As the service comes from Switzerland I do not get any blackouts during the football wherever I am.  I just wish my team could perform as well!

You're doing better than my lot!  :(

But agree with the overall message - thumbs up for ZKTV here too  8)

DaveW

The football channels they offer now are great, watched a few matches over the weekend and the reception was great, no break ups or buffering delays and a number of the channels are in HD.

Ironworks

To the casual observer, it seems these threads are turning in to a ZKTV vs Others bun-fight, and there's no need for that really.

I've been anti-ZKTV as far as their pushy selling techniques on here, and their pricing, but I should also make it clear that I think ZKTV is a very good service and you do get local support and assistance. So if you prefer a bit of hand holding and are happy to pay a premium for that, then for sure ZKTV is the option for you.

Ace/BEAMS is much less expensive, as little as â,¬6 monthly - for that you'll get a TV service that's just as good, just as reliable and just as effective, but YOU WON'T GET THE LOCAL SUPPORT. If you are technically confident, then Ace/Beams is a great solution at a lower price.

It's really that simple...

TV plus LOCAL SUPPORT for the non-technically minded = ZKTV

Similar TV at a fraction of the cost for those geeky enough to look after themselves = Ace / Beams

beachlife

I had ZKTV and switched to Ace. I was perfectly happy with ZKTV, but it gradually crept up in price. I can get 3 months service with Ace for the price of 1 month with Ace, or a whole year with ACE for £70 (although I am always reluctant to commit to any IPTV service for a year as services can downgrade if they take on too many new customers).

Ace also provide a free VPN for UK customers to get round the EPL football blocking problem.

The only main advantage of ZKTV over Ace from my personal experience is that Ace only has 7 days catch up compared to 14 days with ZKTV.

decho

I too have a subscription with Ace, but the one thing I find is that for sports it is not as smooth as ZKTV was and another I have had. When you watch football you can see the trace of the ball moving as if the frame rate is not as good as others. Maybe there is a setting to sort this, perhaps others who have Ace have some ideas? It happens both in the UK and in Fuerteventura so it's not down to the internet speed.

beachlife

Quote from: decho on January 23, 2018, 13:09:29 PM
I too have a subscription with Ace, but the one thing I find is that for sports it is not as smooth as ZKTV was and another I have had. When you watch football you can see the trace of the ball moving as if the frame rate is not as good as others. Maybe there is a setting to sort this, perhaps others who have Ace have some ideas? It happens both in the UK and in Fuerteventura so it's not down to the internet speed.

There is a setting you can change for this.  Don`t know what you are using but a solution to mag/kodi/etc can be found here.

https://ace-tv.co.uk/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/search

DaveW

ZKTV keeps improving, they are adding channels all of the time including the Sky channels and others.
The sports channels are extensive, but you only pay for them if you require them.
There are hundreds of films going back to the year dot. The VOD system has the latest films and TV box sets and is continually updated.
Paul continues to give a great service at all times of the day.
Having experienced a Droidbox there is no going back for me.
You can just pay for the months you are in Fuerteventura and require the service.