El Anzuelo

Started by isleswing, November 22, 2013, 12:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isleswing

[map]?=28.740307783979336,%20-13.866427838802337=19=El Anzuelo=hybrid[/map]

El Anzuelo. Definitely somewhere to visit, either for lunch or evening meal. A great place, right by the harbour. Locally owned and run. Actually, a sister reastaurant to the excellent Las Marisma in El Cotillo.
Considering it's high-profile position, it isn't too 'commercial' or mass market.
They are very proud of their food, whereas, for a lot of the places along there it's simply just to make money, here it really is all about the food.
It was our first visit, but we're definitely going back in future years.
Although neither of us chose fish, we're sure it'll be excellent judging from what went to the other tables.
You can sit inside, or across the walkway to the covered tables right on the waterfront.
Not unduly expensive, though don't forget, 'You don't get what you don't pay for'

Give it a try.

Riverman

Had a bad experience here. They might be proud of their food but don't treat customer service the same. We ate on a Sunday, lot of locals in  who were obviously known to the staff. They completely forgot about the starters we ordered. When they finally got round to bring our main courses, after several later arrivals had already been served, I asked the waiter about the starters who just looked at me blank. I told we had ordered a mixed cheese platter and as the main courses had arrived we would have it as our sweet course. After a quite long wait no sweet course arrived so I asked for the bill. You've guessed it, when the bill arrived it included for the mixed cheese platter. Of course I challenged this with the head man who didn't seem to believe that we had not had the cheese. He checked with the kitchen staff and reluctantly knocked it off the bill. I wouldn't go back there again.

suendrob

Went with friends. Definitely a bit more upmarket than most restaurants round the harbour. We thought it very good, but not everyone agreed.
We shared 2 starters, fried cheese and honey and Canarian potatoes with mojo sauce, which went down well. My Dam grilled pork was excellent. Sue loved her duck breast, our friends ended up sharing his fish and seafood platter as she didn't like her grilled octopus . Just shows how peoples opinions differ.
With a bottle of house white, weter and couple of beers 78 euro for 4 of us.
We enjoyed it a lot. Service was rather like la Marisma, their other place in El Cotillo, good, but a bit confused. Really, I think they need more staff in both places.
People were queing for tables when the neighbours had empty tables which is always a recommendation.