Free WiFi Hotspots in Corralejo

Started by GEM, April 28, 2012, 12:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEM

Can anyone tell me the best hotspots for free WiFi in Corralejo. Wouldn't mind having to buy a drink or snack. Not too keen on Internet Cafe places.

<i>Good question - I'll make this sticky - Admin</i>

admin

La Luna
Citrus Cafe

Rock Island Bar - evening/night only

for starters.

mach1

Bar/cafe Jellyfish in the Campanario. Popular hangout open day and night. Strong wifi signal, good music and bar snacks available

(edited- link by Admin)

Aibhe337

Cafe Latte in the old town have wifi and beautiful coffee...
In the old town also is Buenaonda Bar, it's a nice surfer bar just off the old cobbled street.
On the main street Rock Cafe have wifi..

GEM

Thanks for these replies. Any more? Especially near the front and the old harbour wall.

SheilaW

I believe there are more that do have wifi than don't. Certainly there are a good number with wifi down by the harbour beach.

Sheila

GEM

I've never done this WiFi stuff before. What's the rules if you're in a cafe/bar. Do you just ask for permission or do you do a scan type thing and connect ?

Thanks Admin

admin

quote:
What's the rules if you're in a cafe/bar. Do you just ask for permission or do you do a scan type thing and connect ?
If you see people using their laptops then generally you can just open yours and let your computer connect.

Most do not use a password - a few of the more paranoid ones still do.

If it is encrypted then just ask behind the bar for the password.

It (almost) goes without saying that you should buy at least a coffee every half hour.

It's also good manners to thank them for the use of their internet when paying your bill.

simmey

I used Amareno cafe at the taxi rank end of El Campanario shopping centre when I was out there, it always had a strong signal, If you ask they give you the password. They also make great coffees.

GEM

Thanks again for all the info. Can't wait to give it a try.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Precio Justo bar outside Topkapi Palace, just below/opposite Mercadona. Ask for the password when you order your drink/coffee. Good signal - good coffee! [:)][:)]

MrsMongoose

Clarkies bar have free Wifi , great bar with lovely people. Kactus Cafe with divine red wine, Bouganville Bar with killer Black Russians, in fact we found that most places have free Wifi......great for Facebook check-ins.

Can't wait to get back there

IanChris

Thank you MrsMongoose. We've got a really good strong signal at Clarkies Bar, Tamarindo!

Ronnietheblue

Orange project next to jaipur indian rest just off main street by la caixa bank, buy a drink wifi free for 20 mins, then 1 euru 1/2 hr

beachlife

There is free wifi access in the library. You do not need to be a member. Just ask at the reception desk for a password.

Shetlander

Used the wifi here http://www.mojitocorralejo.com/ to check in for our flights home last Monday.

gymackem

I know I may be stating the obvious to most people but when you are using free wifi spots ensure your security is up to date and be careful with any information you may be transmitting; banking details etc.

Free wifi spots are vey useful and convenient but you should be cautious

Lynn & Dave

Boba Fett

CITRUS CAFE just off the main street roundabout behind the CornerRock bar is great. They've got a fast connection, comfy sofas with a nice mellow vibe...they also have lovely healthy fresh juices, and even lovelier not so healthy cakes!!! 8)

admin

Sotavento restaurant has free wifi

Riverman

Quote from: admin on April 30, 2012, 01:11:09 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Tahoma" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

Most do not use a password - a few of the more paranoid ones still do.

Flinstones has free WiFi. You have to ask for the password. After 1 hr you are timed out and have to get a new passwoerd

westhamrule

:D Wifi in Murphy's, Bar H2O, Gordon Ransays and Precio Justo in December, all needed a password.