Accepted or tolerated

Started by fizzy lemonade, April 11, 2016, 19:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fizzy lemonade

Hi folks,
First time poster but have lurked for a while.

I've frequently read that naturism / nudity is accepted or tolerated on Fuerteventura, there is a difference between the two, just wondered how the regular contributors in this section see it?

We have our first trip booked for later in the year, I have other questions as regards the beaches, I'll start a different thread for those.

Thanks

fizzy lemonade

Will196

By who?

The beaches can be majority nude. There are lifeguards. Legally it seems much more then accepted.

The locals at worst seemed very used to it.

Are some tourists surprised? Sure.

fizzy lemonade

Thanks Will,
It will be our first visit, first holiday without the kids, first time nude so just trying to get a sense of the place, the words tolerated & accepted would be widly used on many sites & forums as regards naturism on Fuerteventura, to me accepted would indicate welcomed where as tolerated would indicate less than welcomed but we will put up with it, just trying to get a feel for the place before we arrive, hoping for a relaxed non eventful peaceful week in september ,nude as much as possible,

Lanzarote is the only other canary island we would be familiar with

Does everybody else have to answer EastEnders, Coronation Street etc before they can post??

MinRich

Why first time nude ? What experience do you have of being nude , what is the attraction now ?

paully

Firstly welcome to the forum....The Island is very laid back therefore the expressions tolerated/welcomed are one and the same thing. As long as you use common sense, and as a first timer go to places you are likely to find other naturists/nudists (whatever ) you will be fine. I understand that when you start to holiday without the kids, the whole dynamic of holidays changes. That`s how we started in naturism and have had great times since.

Just keep away from town beaches and Caleta area and you`ll find what you are looking for
I HATE computer thingyss

fizzy lemonade

Thanks Paully, appreciate it.

@Minrich - first time for everything I suppose - in public none - see paully's post

stormborn

Good advice given by Paully and don't take any notice of MinRich.

If you let us know when and where you are going we will be better able to advise. Similarly, if you have any specific questions let us know.

MinRich

Quote from: stormborn on April 12, 2016, 10:50:54 AM
Good advice given by Paully and don't take any notice of MinRich.

If you let us know when and where you are going we will be better able to advise. Similarly, if you have any specific questions let us know.

Says the person with 10 posts !

bedouin

Quote from: fizzy lemonade on April 12, 2016, 08:05:26 AM

Does everybody else have to answer EastEnders, Coronation Street etc before they can post??

Ha! It's supposed to keep out robots, although I'm not sure it's entirely successful.  It's also good practice for the conversation topics of the people you might meet in Caleta.

For the best nude beach experiences, look especially at the south of the island (Risco del Paso down to Jandia), also the dunes area south of Corralejo, and the lagoons at El Cotillo.  In all these places, you can be happily nude without a care in the world; many other people will be nude, but the ones with clothes on won't be bothered.  Avoid busy "town" beaches. Avoid Caleta entirely.

You don't say whether you've already booked accommodation, but there are some places which are quite naturist friendly.

Snowdrop

In answer to your question fizzy lemonade - I'd say in Corralejo either side of the two hotels on the beach at the dunes and right along either side - sunbathing and swimming without clothes is widely accepted. 
People that are shocked/complain seem to be holiday makers that visit these stretches of beach for the first time.
Guess there are still many people that don't search sites like this to see what the area they are visiting is actually like in advance.

fizzy lemonade

Yes, flights & accommodation booked (villa), have rental car too, staying in Corralejo so I'd say Corralejo & El Cotillo only this time, just here for a week so may give the south a skip this time, will play it by ear, thought about booking hotel for one night in the south, may still do that & go early one morning returning in the afternoon the following day, would it be worth it? Kinda on a budget.

Thanks for the helpful replies, just want to have a very clear idea of my bearings so we at least look like we have an idea of where we are going and not roaming around aimlessly LOL

paully

Good oh, just make sure you haven`t booked the car with either Goldcar or Orlando, those are another 2 pitfalls to avoid..anything else just ask, when are you coming?
I HATE computer thingyss

fizzy lemonade

Quote from: paully on April 12, 2016, 19:21:30 PM
Good oh, just make sure you haven`t booked the car with either Goldcar or Orlando, those are another 2 pitfalls to avoid..anything else just ask, when are you coming?

Cicar & last week in September

bedouin

Quote from: fizzy lemonade on April 12, 2016, 19:03:56 PM
...thought about booking hotel for one night in the south, may still do that & go early one morning returning in the afternoon the following day, would it be worth it? Kinda on a budget.

You might consider the Fuerteventura Playa in Costa Calma, only about 10 minutes drive from some of the loveliest beaches.  It's not swish, but is reasonably well equipped and it's all-inclusive. You'd probably pay less than £90 for a night.

stormborn

Quote from: MinRich on April 12, 2016, 16:52:08 PM

Says the person with 10 posts !

Whatever it is that is eating you, it must be suffering horribly.

Windermeregolfer

Quote from: bedouin on April 12, 2016, 17:39:49 PM
Quote from: fizzy lemonade on April 12, 2016, 08:05:26 AM

Ha! It's supposed to keep out robots, although I'm not sure it's entirely successful.  It's also good practice for the conversation topics of the people you might meet in Caleta.

Avoid Caleta entirely.

You don't say whether you've already booked accommodation, but there are some places which are quite naturist friendly.

I take it and hope you are referring to Caleta not being Naturist friendly then I might agree, otherwise I disagree.

It depends on what you are looking for, as you can see forum name indicates we keen golfer so the Caleta area suits and with villa accommodation with nice roof terrace we can still  get a good all over tan. We can still drive up to the dunes or lagoons at El Cotillo for a relaxing naturist day on the beach  which is preferable to a 45 /50 minute drive before a round of golf.

It is a pity there isn't a full 18 hole golf course in the north of the island as we could then have best of both worlds but hey things are what they are hence why we have bought on Fuerteventura golf with a great roof terrace and secluded pool.