mortgage rip off

Started by conair, August 03, 2012, 19:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarah1312

Hi Conair
I was going to ask the same question went into bank about 3 months ago and was told it had to be put in writing did as ask went back to bank they stamped my letter and said it had to go off to their SAC dept so as I had there email address I also scanned a copy in and sent one direct Chased SAC about 3 weeks later received a letter to say they had 8 weeks to deal with Complaints - left it 8 weeks chased again - no record of my letter either from me or the bank sent again and had a reply to say floor clauses where now being dealt with in the branch booked an appointment and went in to see Martina about 10 days ago again no record of my letter so again gave her a copy she said completely different department now deals with these claims and she has logged it and sent it off to them implied we would have an offer in a couple of days chased last week as no reply she says it is being dealt with as urgent chased again today and said if no reply by 5/5 I want a copy of the mortgage and we will engage a solicitor I have found one that charges 10%   
Sarah Haughian - La Siesta

Captain Sensible

I have a lawyer working on my case against Solbank, and it went to the court in Puerto del Rosario in November.  We won the case but the Banco Sabadell Head Office are dragging things on and haven't paid out. 
I refused to sign the letter that Solbank offered me last year - to agree not to make a future claim against them and to switch from a variable rate to a fixed rate mortgage.  It would have saved me a miserly 16â,¬ a month, when in fact they must owe me a few thousand.
The next stage is to get a Gestor to work out a precise amount I am owed - something you would expect the bank to be legally bound to work out and then pay ou.
I will pursue this matter for as long as it takes.

raye

I went into Banco Popular in Caleta 2 weeks' ago and completed/signed a form which they stamped/authorised,sent to their Head Office and gave me a copy. Apparently they have up to 3 months to get back to me, so will see what happens.

conair

Amazing captain sensible that they have still not paid you after going to court.What does your lawyer or legal advisor suggest you do to make them comply with the ruling.

Captain Sensible

The banks are just stalling.  My lawyer sent them emails but didn't get a reply.  Eventually someone got back to him and said their computer had crashed and they were having to use their own personal computer!  What rubbish!  >:(

scorpio1966

Hi all,
can anyone recommend a lawyer to deal with the mortgage clause reclaim please.
we have been to solbank in person .
wrote the letter ,got the stamp,got the understanding smile and nods but got no response.
thanks scorpio

jill tie

Quote from: Captain Sensible on April 25, 2017, 20:38:02 PM
I have a lawyer working on my case against Solbank, and it went to the court in Puerto del Rosario in November.  We won the case but the Banco Sabadell Head Office are dragging things on and haven't paid out. 
I refused to sign the letter that Solbank offered me last year - to agree not to make a future claim against them and to switch from a variable rate to a fixed rate mortgage.  It would have saved me a miserly 16â,¬ a month, when in fact they must owe me a few thousand.
The next stage is to get a Gestor to work out a precise amount I am owed - something you would expect the bank to be legally bound to work out and then pay ou.
I will pursue this matter for as long as it takes.

Hi Captain,

You seem to have gone further than most with this.  If this were in the UK you could instruct bailiffs to retrieve goods.  Are there such things as bailiffs in Spain?

sarah1312

Hi Sean and Captain
Sean is this someone you are recomending? and if so what do they charge and Captain who did you use? again was it a big charge I cant beleive you won your case and they have not paid you the rest of us have no chance

I have given Martina a final date of this Friday to get  a reply to my complaint or I am passing it to a solicitor so any recommendations with an idea of charges more than welcome 

spitfire58

Quote from: Séan J. on April 29, 2017, 09:07:37 AM

Hi Sean,
Had a look at your link. I am somewhat concerned !! These (well Daniel & Louise) were the people we dealt with for our purchase. Found them to be fine & all went smoothly enough but now see them in a different place & company name !!!! Maybe it's just me but seems rather odd

BUFETE GONZALEZ SEGURA
C/ Secundino Alonso, 75 oficina 6
35600 PUERTO DEL ROSARIO
FUERTEVENTURA
Teléfono: (+34) 928 858712
Fax: (+34) 928 530287
E-mail:abogados@bufetegonzalezsegura.com
www.bufetegonzalezsegura.com

jill tie

Quote from: Séan J. on April 30, 2017, 07:29:08 AM
Hi Sarah,

Ms.Pilar is claiming it back for us â,¬600.00 all in.we have been with her since 2005 never had any problems,

Kateryna is her assistant and speaks perfect English,
hope this helps. 

Séan J.

Can you not also claim back the cost of the solicitor?

Captain Sensible

Finally, I have had a pay out from Solbank :D.  I signed last Wednesday.  It has taken 8 months, the use of a lawyer and a gestor, and several court cases to prise out the money that the bank should have paid out automatically ::).

spitfire58

Quote from: Captain Sensible on June 25, 2017, 19:13:32 PM
Finally, I have had a pay out from Solbank :D.  I signed last Wednesday.  It has taken 8 months, the use of a lawyer and a gestor, and several court cases to prise out the money that the bank should have paid out automatically ::).

Glad to hear it for you. With all the court cases etc was it financially worth it. My thinking being that the longer they (banks) drag it out & the more they make it cost the aggrieved party, the more people will say it's not worth it !!

conair

Happy to see someone who has been paid out.
Did your legal costs get paid by the bank and your pther costs.
Also were your mortgage setting up fees returned and were you compensated for the interest on your money in any form.
Sorry to enquire but hope you dont mind.

raye

Hi Captain, same questions, especially which Lawyer you used, as i am getting the run around from Banco Popular despite doing what they initially requested. Cheers

F1REFLY999

I contacted Sabadell last week and was given an offer.... however I have refused it, requested a breakdown and threatened legal action. I am awaiting a new offer and will update when this happens
La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

bigB

When did you put in your claim firefly? I claimed on April 24th having took out my 110k mortgage in August 2006.

TheCooler

Quote from: F1REFLY999 on June 30, 2017, 22:47:26 PM
I contacted Sabadell last week and was given an offer.... however I have refused it, requested a breakdown and threatened legal action. I am awaiting a new offer and will update when this happens
I fear this is the route, that i will have to go down, to get a satisfactory outcome to this situation.

Villan

Quote from: F1REFLY999 on June 30, 2017, 22:47:26 PM
I have also received a low offer which was disguised with  a choice of mortgage differential rate and associated savings which is misleading. Refused.

Villan

Now had a formal rejection from Sabadell for my request for reimbursement of certain mortgage set up expenses as referred to by the Spanish Supreme Court Decree of 23/12/2016.

seane

Just back from holidays in Corralejo  I went into bankia and the organised a complete refund of the overcharging and interest very helpful very polite very friendly so I went down to solbank and the were the complete opposite so I now have a solicitor working for me in legal action to get the money back. I wish everyone good luck and don't give up. 
skylark

sarah1312

Update I received an offer 3 weeks ago accepted and returned completed form to Martina and my money is in the bank today

F1REFLY999

Yes we have also been settled thanks to Martina.
La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

Villan

Quote from: F1REFLY999 on August 08, 2017, 20:50:22 PM
Yes we have also been settled thanks to Martina.

Did you receive an improved offer or did you accept a breakdown of their original offer?

TheCooler

We refused their original offer.
I put in a counter offer requesting compensation for over payments.
They came back with an improved fixed term interest rate that took into account the overpayments.
This i have accepted.