Dead

Started by dagwood, April 20, 2018, 00:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagwood

This forum is definitely suffering from a bad case of Death.
We need to outrage a few members or something like that.
Nobody mentioned YR sauce or if typhoo put the tea In Britain who put the Cu#t in Scunthorpe. 

Johnrgby2

Quote from: dagwood on April 20, 2018, 00:54:37 AM
Nobody mentioned YR sauce or if typhoo put the tea In Britain who put the Cu#t in Scunthorpe.

Dagwood my friend, You can not have degrees of death, you can not have a good,  bad or average case of death, either you are dead or you are not  ;D

dagwood

Not correct, have you not heard the term clinically dead, the party was dead until so and so arrived or have you heard the story of the widows son.
There are many more examples of people mistakenly believing something was dead.

dagwood

Quote from: el caballo hambriento on April 20, 2018, 09:01:51 AM
So who put the dag in dagwood?

Picture of Dagwood Sandwich - is this your diet?  Can you get one in Fuerteventura? :)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=-Z3ZWq_AMqPgkgXBlZO4Cw&q=dagwoods&oq=dagwoods&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l10.1864.4268.0.4660.9.7.0.1.1.0.78.488.7.7.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.8.490.0..46j35i39k1j0i131k1j0i131i67k1j0i67k1j0i46k1.0.dCknWKN78bg

Alas no, my diet is strictly vegetarian.
Dagwood was famous for his midnight snacks from the refrigerator and it would be a whooper.
And to answer your question, most likely Blondie.

perrypower1

One of the reasons people stop visiting this website/forum is because it often becomes a condescending, hostile place where people's views are not tolerated.

If people feel the need to just argue then maybe it is best that they just watch reruns of that old Monty Python skit.

Conversely, there are a few people on this site that are magical.  They go far and above the call in attempt to help other people, my nomination for that title today is Tamara.  Just read her posts and you can see why she is so well regarded.

If people want this site to grow and see more visitors they only need to show restraint and respect in their comments and try not to retaliate when others fail to do the same.

dagwood

Quote from: perrypower1 on April 20, 2018, 09:25:10 AM
One of the reasons people stop visiting this website/forum is because it often becomes a condescending, hostile place where people's views are not tolerated.

If people feel the need to just argue then maybe it is best that they just watch reruns of that old Monty Python skit.

Conversely, there are a few people on this site that are magical.  They go far and above the call in attempt to help other people, my nomination for that title today is Tamara.  Just read her posts and you can see why she is so well regarde

If people want this site to grow and see more visitors they only need to show restraint and respect in their comments and try not to retaliate when others fail to do the same.

Of course that`s right, you and I get hammered because our views differ in some respects from a lot of the bullies who will refuse to let others have a say.
So what do you do to a bully?

Johnrgby2

Quote from: dagwood on April 20, 2018, 09:04:37 AM
Not correct, have you not heard the term clinically dead, the party was dead until so and so arrived or have you heard the story of the widows son.

Please be aware I used the word DEATH not  DEAD :D

Johnrgby2

Quote from: dagwood on April 20, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Conversely, there are a few people on this site that are magical.  They go far and above the call in attempt to help other people, my nomination for that title today is Tamara.  Just read her posts and you can see why she is so well regarde

Of course that`s right, you and I get hammered because our views differ in some respects from a lot of the bullies who will refuse to let others have a say.
So what do you do to a bully?

Morning Perry, cannot disagree with any of that, maybe now Admin appears to be taking a more active part, he/she will stop some of the rants before they go over the top.

dagwood

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on April 20, 2018, 09:43:30 AM

You sure did.
“The Death Of this forum started some time ago when people started disproportionately reacting to other people`s views.”
Now if that sentence is not correct and the forum lives on,it proves that Death has more than one outcom and may not be as final as you suggest.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: dagwood on April 20, 2018, 10:20:27 AM
Quote from: Johnrgby2 on April 20, 2018, 09:43:30 AM

You sure did.
“The Death Of this forum started some time ago when people started disproportionately reacting to other people`s views.”
Now if that sentence is not correct and the forum lives on,it proves that Death has more than one outcom and may not be as final as you suggest.

OK, we will agree to disagree :D

On the subject of the permanency of death, I read a BBC article some little time ago which stated that researchers had concluded, " That death may not be as bad as you think"

At least four points for discussion here.

.A. Who did they ask?

.B. Where did they find someone who had that knowledge?

.C. How much money id they use for this Research?

.D. Why did they bother?

dagwood

That`s the BBC for you. 😉
BTW I should have only used the word started once in that sentence. I would substitute the first time I used it with began.
As I say proof reading is a thing of the past 😋   

waggy

The answer to the last bit is easy: as an old Scunthonian, and like many steelworks trained men, I used to go contracting all over the country on engineering jobs. On the first day of a new contract you never knew who was going to turn up from Scunthorpe, but you knew there would be several. If good natured Bill Cropper stuck his head through the cabin door a cry would go up: "Who put the Cu£t in Scunthorpe!?", and a mass of voices would roar, "BILL CROPPER'S MOTHER". Bill would give a little bow and say "I thank you, I thank you all."

waggy

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on April 20, 2018, 08:03:38 AM

Dagwood my friend, You can not have degrees of death, you can not have a good,  bad or average case of death, either you are dead or you are not  ;D
Ah, not so, JR2. When I had my near fatal do, a little over 10 years ago, my blood pressure had zeroed and my ticker ticked no more. Technically, I was dead, and I went through the whole gamut of seemingly hovering above myself, looking through a long tunnel, losing my eyesight, having echo-chamber hearing and feeling the utmost tranquility, such that I knew that when the residual oxygen in my tissues ran out (I'm a trained zoologist as well as an engineer) that would be it. I suddenly thought, "You can't die. You're only 62. You've got to fight, fight, fight". I honestly did not want to lose those feelings of utter tranquility but I was/am aware that it's the body's natural endorphins kicking in to help take away pain, of which there was none.
  Thanks to a brilliant CPR team in Ysbyty Bangor, whose efforts in shocking, injecting various things, etc, I didn't expire completely. I say this because death seems to be a gradual process, taking place over a period of seconds, minutes, or even hours for some people. No one has proved or provided evidence for the existence of a Spirit, a soul or an 'after life', but there is ample knowledge nowadays of what a complex, oxygen consuming beast the brain is. My own feeling now is that the brain takes a while to 'die' fully, until its oxygen reserves run out completely after the heart has stopped beating. I do not think that there is a single 'moment' of Death It makes you wonder if, at some level, artificially ventilated 'corpses' are aware of what is happening to them when various organs and bits and pieces are being surgically removed from them for transplants.
Anyway, I'm not afraid of Death now and hope that it's a Heart Attack that takes me. The prospect of that utterly tranquil feeling again seems quite welcoming.

dagwood

Lovely recount of your out of body experience Waggy and I have heard from numerous people who have had a similar near death out of body experience. Have they not proven that some sort of energy leaves the body on death, maybe we do have a sole after all.
I definitely agree about the heart attack, the only way to go.
Anyway  enough morbidity let`s get back to Brexit/ Ryanair and a few unmentionable subjects to keep our blood pressure up

spitfire58

Conversely, there are a few people on this site that are magical.  They go far and above the call in attempt to help other people, my nomination for that title today is Tamara.  Just read her posts and you can see why she is so well regarded.

Spot on pp1 👍👍

el caballo hambriento

At least this thread has engenderd some commentary!  But how is Admin being more active other than if there is a crash? Enlighten me.

dagwood

Quote from: el caballo hambriento on April 20, 2018, 19:13:46 PM
At least this thread has engenderd some commentary!  But how is Admin being more active other than if there is a crash? Enlighten me.

And me believing you were the Enlightened One.

dagwood

Quote from: Charlie dont surf on April 20, 2018, 20:50:38 PM

Perhaps you should stop dwelling on Death and instead consider getting a Life.

I once heard an undertaker remark “If they don`t die I can`t live” and he also mentioned that he would be the last person to let you down. So even undertakers can have a better outlook on life than I can imagine you have.
And for your information I have an excellent life. I hope your life improves as the year progresses.