Hikes - free style

Started by SoCal, May 16, 2012, 21:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal

Monday - started at the northern part of El Cotillo and hiked across the road, in a north east direction, along the sand / volcanic rock interface. Reached the wall and followed the dirt road back to the faro, followed by the beach back to my apt. Time: 2 hrs. Exposure to textiles: minimal... maybe a half dozen in the morning even while walking along the road. Water: I brought none. Freestyle: total. Only my sunglasses and Tevas.

Tuesday: chose the volcano north of Lajaras. A great hike with outstanding views at the top. Highly recommended. One can stop at the overlook, but it is worth following the rim to the high point on the far south side of the volcano.Time: 2 hours. Water: used a water pack. It was hot enough. Exposure: minimal - a half dozen tourists, but it may have been due to the fact that the temperature was in the high 30s.  Freestyle: started within a few hundred meters of the car. But would start earlier next time.

Wednesay: full dunes hike. Start at the north end of Corralejo near the unfinished resort. Hiked south. Turned east toward the water a bit early because I was hungry. Stopped at the little cafe near the stone igloos a couple km south of the big hotels. Returned via the dunes. Great hike, lots of climbs. Time: 4 - 5 hours, but a lot of it was eating prawns in garlic and drinking beer. Water: used a full 1.5 liters of water in my water pack and could have used more. Exposure: variable. I crossed the road the first time with my skirt, but comfortably crossed the second time as a naturist. Freestyle: virtually the entire time. The few minutes I put on the kilt felt very strange. One negative moment occurred when I was hiking back parallel to the road and a cyclist stopped and started waving me to go further into the dunes. I obliged, only to turn around and see that while I was more than a hundred meters from the road, he was only 10 meters away and was urinating in full view of the traffic. He proceeded to flip me the bird. (I´m guessing here because I really could not see his finger, I was too far away.) However, this disappointing moment was negated by a positive experience. I passed a clothed hiker in the dunes on my way back. A few minutes later, I turned back to see that he too was now hiking in the nude.

These hikes will be updated with more details on other websites when I return to the America, the land of the watched and the home of the security state.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

SoCal

Sunday - Risco del Paso... from the windsurfer Rene Engli in a north west direction.

Some hikes are better than expected and some never live up to expectation. This hike was the latter. It was well marked and clearly they assumed many hike or use an ATV to cross it, but given that most of it the creative aspect of the hike was closed to restoration, it was mostly a hike along a dirt road. The far end was spectacular - up 300 meters looking on both sides of the coast - not a soul in site. But the wind and slog up the hill made it a less than thilling experience. Probably worth it if you pay for the ATV experience.  Exposure: more than one anticipates with a constant view of the road. Probably the best part is before reaching the main road, south of it. Freestyle: doable for much, but required covering near and post road exposure. Time: 3 hours. Distance: 15 km. It says 6 km out, but that is at a point that leaves you mid crossing. Water: probably a liter. It was so winding and cold, I was more concerned about hypothermia than dehydration. My feet were killing me upon return.  Positive moment: An ATV with a couple came around the corner upon my decent (the decent is great... going down and with the wind) and I had no time to even think about covering. So I gave them the thumbs up and they responded with a smile and a wave. They were gone within seconds.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

Sunshinekid

Hi I assume when you say freestyle you mean naked ;D
I have walked naked from near jandia all the way along the coast to Costa calma 30 odd kilometers.
You have to do this when the tide is out for an easier walk.
Very enjoyable :)