Hotels with Disability Access

Started by admin, June 13, 2012, 13:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
The hotel facilities are disability accessible. Disability accessible guest rooms are available upon request.
Access is good in and around the resort. The adapted rooms are spacious with an accessible bathroom that has grab rails but no wheel-in shower. There is a bath with grab rails.

admin

Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahía Real

All the adapted rooms have a sea view and the bathrooms have a wheel-in shower. Access in and around the hotel is good but there is a bridge over the pool with a slight incline.

admin

Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort Suite Hotel, Corralejo

Disabled facilities include wheel-in showers, toilet raisers and grab rails. There may be restricted access to some of the facilities.

admin

Barceló Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa

Disabled facilities include bathrooms with wheel-in showers. There is good access throughout the hotel and the surrounding area.

Commode shower chairs, hoists, scooters and other mobility equipment are available for hire. This must be arranged at the time of booking your holiday.

admin

Barceló Corralejo Bay , Corralejo

Disabled facilities include bathrooms with wheel-in showers. There is good access throughout the hotel and the surrounding area.

Commode shower chairs, hoists, scooters and other mobility equipment are available for hire. This must be arranged at time of booking holiday.

admin

Hotel Elba Sara

The adapted bedrooms are on the reception floor and have a sea view from the large balcony (there are standard patio door runners onto the balcony). In the bathroom there is a bath with a bath chair and the toilet has grab rails on both sides. Accessibility is good throughout the hotel and there is a flat promenade on the sea front taking you to the shopping centre near the hotel.

Commode shower chairs, hoists, scooters and other mobility equipment are available for hire. This must be arranged at the time of booking your holiday.

admin

Hotel Lobos Bahía Club, Corralejo, Fuerteventura

Good level of access in and around the complex. Access for disabled people has not been forgotten in any of the Hotel Apartamentos Lobos Bahía Club facilities (swimming pools, bars, etc). There are 10 specially Adapted Apartments with wheel in showers. Access to the swimming pool is via a well designed ramp.

Commode shower chairs, hoists, scooters and other mobility equipment are available for hire. This must be arranged at time of booking holiday.

admin

Aparthotel Castillo Antigua, Caleta De Fuste

Access is good in and around the resort. Accessible rooms have wheel in shower.

HH

Excellent[:)]  Thank you Admin.
MENTOR TO THE MENTOR TO THE BONEHEADS

skin

The CAY BEACH has good facilities ie walk in shower and grab rails in disabled acess rooms and plenty of ramps around the apartments

simmey

Can anyone recommend an apartment or hotel in Corralejo that has proper disabled facilities, ie in the bathroom, not just "wheelchair friendly" We managed to find one in Casa Spice but it's booked up when we need it.

Thanks in advance

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Lobos Bahia had some specific apartments but that was before the long, dragged out, refurbishment. It would be worth enquiring if they still have these apartments. They were ground floor with a great bathroom which was really a wet room so a wheel chair could go right under the shower if required. Good support system round the loo and the one I saw had two washbasins, one normal height and one lower one.
I can't recall any other features that were specifically for people with disabilities, but it was ground floor, apartment all on one level, small sun terrace overlooking the communal pool area. Wasn't any privacy on the sun terrace though, just a low wall between neighbouring apartments.
Good luck!

simmey

Thanks Tamara, that's a great help, I spotted that hotel and it seems to be the only one I can find, they say they have 10 adapted rooms, I have emailed them and got a good reply, I've passed their details on to my friend.

Thanks again for your reply.