Single man but not gay

Started by Chrisgwy, May 23, 2018, 20:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisgwy

I'm a single guy but not gay who likes sunbathing nude on Beach south of Correlejo but finds other gays presume I'm gay because I'm on my own. Where is the best place to go to be left in peace?

bedouin

paully

Difficult and I have every sympathy. Bedouin was right though. If you go to the naturist sun bed area then you will be fine. That is the one just to the south of the RIU La Oliva hotel. Specifically avoid the area adjacent to the Hotel Gran Natura until at least 200 yards past what looks like a WW2 pillbox.As we found last Sunday.The other area is just to the north of Reynaldo`s on the dunes. Even if you are in a stone shelter they come round peering in to see who the occupants are >:(..

The only thing is walk along the shoreline until you see mixed couples nearby and stay close by. That put`s them off as well..
I HATE computer thingyss

Snowdrop

Between flag beach water sport centre, or just to the left of it then up to the hotel.  Or the end of the sun beds on the other side of the second hotel.
As someone else has said not close to hotel natura

luvfuert

I usually stay in the south so not overly familiar with the north. I was thinking of staying at Grand Natura next year - staying at Infiniti later this year - must admit the comments regarding the gay party poopers has raised doubts in my mind as to the wisdom of my choice. I'm a single straight male young early sixties quite used to single travel to naturist destinations. Likewise I don't welcome the intrusive behaviour. Any comments?

paully

Quote from: luvfuert on May 24, 2018, 18:17:38 PM
I usually stay in the south so not overly familiar with the north. I was thinking of staying at Grand Natura next year - staying at Infiniti later this year - must admit the comments regarding the gay party poopers has raised doubts in my mind as to the wisdom of my choice. I'm a single straight male young early sixties quite used to single travel to naturist destinations. Likewise I don't welcome the intrusive behaviour. Any comments?

Firstly there are doubts locally about the long term viability of Gran Natura. Appears a problem with the renewal of the lease so it may re open or it may not . Currently booking closed until after July 2019. If you do go to the beach from Infiniti then the same advice as above applies. Thats changed hands as well earlier this month, in case you weren`t aware
I HATE computer thingyss

bedouin

I visit the island both alone and with my wife.  When I'm on my own, I find that if there is any unwanted attention (and it's not often!) it's invariably in the parts where there are stone circles.  If you're on an open beach, or on a recognised set of sunbeds, there's absolutely no problem.  I love the beaches in the south, especially Sotavento (where there are no sunbed areas), and can wander naked for miles without any worries.  In the north, I stick to the established sunbed areas.

Jester10

We're just back from a week on the Island. We cycled from Barcello to the area of the beach just beyond the Pill Box every day bar one and soaked up the rays in one of the stone circles. No problems at all until the last day when a man, fully dressed (as in long trousers and shirt) kept hanging around and looking into the circle. Even the international gesture of "Sod Off" didn't seem to work with him. It wasn't until I put on my shorts and started towards him that he got the idea he wasn't wanted. Pretty sure, by the way he was dressed and looked that he was English

paully

You could well be right Jester..Probably just sneaked away from the wife and kids for a while and looking for something different, so to speak  :(
I HATE computer thingyss

bedouin

Quote from: paully on May 27, 2018, 12:36:50 PM
You could well be right Jester..Probably just sneaked away from the wife and kids for a while and looking for something different, so to speak  :(

But in long trousers and a shirt?  That's a far cry from the typical Corrie tripper!

paully

Quote from: bedouin on May 27, 2018, 13:05:27 PM

But in long trousers and a shirt?  That's a far cry from the typical Corrie tripper!

Getting a better class of punter there these days Bedouin  8)
I HATE computer thingyss

bedouin

Quote from: paully on May 27, 2018, 17:11:51 PM

Getting a better class of punter there these days Bedouin  8)

They never seem to visit at the same time I go!  I only see fat tattooed beer-swilling trippers in vests and shorts, and the men are just as bad.

Jester10

Quote from: bedouin on May 27, 2018, 13:05:27 PM

That's what we thought too............... May have been killing time before his flight back home?

stevekguy

Like the OP I am single and like to sunbathe naked. I have suffered from the guys that keep up pestering behaviour and I find it really rude. If I`m alone I find it best to find a spot where it`s mostly couples around. Having said that, if you can take someone else with you then you don`t get pestered. I am always on the look out to make naturist friends for this reason.