Stabbing - Caleta

Started by emmi, August 13, 2014, 10:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spongebob squarepants

What is the crime situation on the island these days ? I had a hire car broken into about 15 years ago outside Bristol Playa but its disturbing to hear a report of violent crime. I realise the employment situation on the island has got worse in recent years and that unemployment and crime often go hand in hand. Is it any better or worse than the UK for example ?

woe10

The victim, a British citizen aged 64, received stab wounds to the abdomen, in Caleta De Fuste, which required hospital admission, although it was not feared for his life.

The Guardia Civil have arrested a man  of 38 years, with and Spanish and foreign nationality, who has admitted the stabbing.

The detainee, who has a criminal record, is charged with the alleged crime of attempted murder.

cbeal

The crime is exactly the same as April 2013 same place same age, weird.

Dean05

Was it a fight ? Or just a random stabbing ?

Paul Kirkham

does anyone know where in Caletta did the stabbing happened ????

Brightspark

emmi

The article says it happened in Caleta, but no definite location. 

Dean05

Thing is people say caleta has got low crime compared to the uk . Well I live in gravesend in kent and it's a pretty ruff place but  statistics show that there's more stabbings in caleta then in my home town .

Dean05

And I guess brightspark and woe will have somthing to say about this the of the forum

Brightspark

What do you want me to say?
I agree with you.
Taken on a ratio basis I dare say there's little difference.

appy ammer

Quote from: Brightspark on August 21, 2014, 21:10:26 PM
What do you want me to say?
I agree with you.
Taken on a ratio basis I dare say there's little difference.

Not really BS If there are no stabbings in Gravesend Population 67,000 against the population of Caleta then Caleta is a hotbed on the statistics scale.

Don't go on statistics since quite a few years ago I was told I was told that the average wage was £200 I was on £100 me mate was on £300
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Brightspark

I never said anything about statistics, it was just a rough guess that probably isn't that far from the truth.

Of course a stabbing in caleta is going to attract more attention that one in a town in the UK, simply because there is far less people there and let's be honest on such a quiet island even a tourist farting then following through could be headline news.

Dean05

Thing is if there is far less people then the average town in the uk . Then surely there's more weirdos in caleta as it's such a small place . I mean it's a stabbing a year over there not so here in the uk . From what I've read it's every ten years that someone dies from a stabbing in gravesend kent . I will say though I do feel caleta is a safe place and you could get stab anywhere in the world at anytime . I just don't agree with people saying it's safer then the average british town .

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

81 violent crimes in June alone (89 in May) in Gravesend  :o Looking at these crime stats I'd rather be walking around in Caleta than be subject to the 441 crimes in one month in Gravesend Dean05

http://www.ukcrimestats.com/Subdivisions/CED/15167/
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

Elite of the forum

Caletas just full of wierdo,s full stop
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

Dean05

Hi hev . Guess I went on the wrong website  :D